"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pinterest - Hostess Apron with Dreamy Bow

My pinterest share for this week is this adorable hostess apron with dreamy bow.  The pattern came from Sew 4 Home.  One thing that really cought my eye was the mis-matched material.  That is apparently pretty big with youngsters these days.  Who knew?!

I really thought the pattern and instructions were very good.  Since I didn't do the ric rac at the top of the apron I did the neck tie straps different.  On step 3 I inserted the straps (lining up the top edge but placing them inside the two pieces) and that way I didn't have to mess with trying to insert them as instructed in step 6 and I didn't have to leave a 2 inch opening on each end either.  It's simple enough that even a beginner should be able to make this cute apron.  Head on over to Sew 4 Home for the pattern and instructions.


Photo taken by Laura Henry
I was pretty happy with the way mine turned out.  I made this for my niece, Bailee, this past Christmas. I'm pretty sure she likes it. I know it turned out a bit big (It's made for an adult & she is only 8) but it's adjustable and should grow with her.  We paired it with a cookbook from Paula Dean.
(I think this was the cookbook)

I'm trying to decide if I want to make this apron again or try another one.  I have several good sewing websites that have super cute aprons.  I wish I could find a pattern for this one.

How adorable is this?!  I think I can figure it out.  Just need to sit down with my mom & work it out! :)

Happy Sewing!

1 comment: