I'm glad this weekend is over.
Momma has been a hormonal mess - Thank you Mother Nature.
But we are all on the mend and I'm sure this week will turn out better.
Friday night we did nothing. Absolutely nothing. In bed by 9 p.m.
Saturday my mom and I took the boys to Sheep day at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.
It was fun.
The boys got to participate in a pedal tractor pull.
![]() |
| Bart's pull |
![]() | |
| Tad's pull |
Since the boys are a handful these days, we didn't stay too long.
We headed to mom & dad's for lunch and the boys got to play for a bit with their bazillion toys.
On the way home the boys fell asleep. PTL!
And stayed asleep once we got home.
I vacuumed the van since it was filthy.
Around 4:30 my brother & future SIL (sister in law) dropped off her little boy to play with the boys for the evening since they had a wedding reception to attend.
They played so well together and it was then that I realized for some reason 3 was easier than 2. Ok I know - I only had them for a few hours but they were so so so good.
I think the naps earlier helped.
We ate supper, took baths and then settled down to watch a movie before sending them all to bed.
![]() | |
| The boys watching "Mighty Machines". |
Carter did great - he climbed up in the top bunk and laid down. Bart & Tad not so much. They both kept coming out of their room.
Finally Daddy had enough & put Bart in our bed for a bit. Once Tad and Carter had fallen asleep (within like 15 minutes) Bart was able to climb back into his bed & go to sleep.
I'm pretty sure it was just because they were so excited.
Sunday we went to church and then to baby Danny's birthday party.
It was fun and the kids played fairly well together.
There was a slight issue with a power wheel at one point but I think it got sorted out.
Once we got home we meal planned for the coming week and Steve mowed the grass.
I headed out to the grocery store while the boys stayed at home and got supper ready.
We ate supper, put on jammies and relaxed on the couch for a little bit before bed.
Before we knew it, it was bedtime!
I kept having weird dreams last night. They were of us going to Colorado and running off of the highway when we were in the mountains. I think subliminally I'm afraid of Steve's driving and dreading our next trip (which should be next summer). Those passes are kind of scary. I'm talking about highway 70, west of Denver....
Have a great Monday!



No comments:
Post a Comment