"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a nice weekend.
Friday night the boys & I just hung out since Steve was doing his high school football radio thing.
He did however come home with Halloween costumes for the boys.
Captain America for Tad & Iron Man for Bart.
I'm not a big fan of paying for costumes but for $10 each, I couldn't have made them.
The only thing not included was Captain America's shield, which shouldn't be too hard to make.

Saturday morning I took the boys to the Y while Steve golfed with some guys from work.
While the boys were at the child center, Bart decided to make Tad his Captain America shield.

 & he did a great job, don't you think?
After my kettlebell class I took the boys to get haircuts.
Then to Wal-Mart to pick up some things for my 31 bag party on Sunday.  We finally made it to my great aunts to make some homemade applebutter around noon.
To my surprise my aunt & uncle from Indiana came in so it was nice to visit with them.
We headed home around 4 p.m.
Nothing too exciting that evening.  Just relaxed.

Sunday we headed off to church at 8 a.m. & the boys went to Sunday school afterwards.
I started preparing the food for my party.
Steve took Tad to go get new shoes & Bart stayed with me to play with Papa & my friend's two kids.
Guest started arriving around 1 p.m. & I think everyone had a good time.  Only a small group showed but it was nice.
After our last guest left one of Steve's friends showed so that they could record another podcast.  So it was just the boys & I once again, relaxing.
I told them to get ready for bed & we could watch the Lorax.

This is what Tad put on.  Silly boy.  
He loves his new shoes!

After the movie we all headed off to my bedroom to watch the Cardinals.  It was the 4th inning & they were up 6- zip.  Then the Giants scored 4 runs - I turned it off.  I figured I was jinxing it & we watched the Packers/Texans game instead.  Thank goodness the Packers won & won BIG!  

This morning I learned that the Cardinals did win, what a relief.  

Go Cards!

AND a Happy Birthday to my new sister in law - Christi!
I hope you had a great b-day!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment