"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Really?!

OK so I'm in a bit of a funk today.
Here's why...

So a few weeks ago I did a giveaway on my craft page on facebook.
I had about 11 entries, which for my first one I thought was pretty good.
The lady that won was local but I didn't/don't know her.
So here is what I emailed to her...

Hi <<removed name>>!  Thank you for liking my page & congratulations on winning my giveaway. 

There are a few questions I have.

1. What size tutu?  I prefer a waist measurement vs age.

2. What colors do you prefer?  Refer to my page for pictures of colors of tulleing that I have.  I know I have at least 2 different colors of purple (a light & dark).  You can choose as many or as little as you want.

3. Do you want the waistband wrapped with satin ribbon?  And with or without a bow?  I only have 1 ribbon in purple but there are other options - see picture (timeline photos) on my page for other colors.

4. I have 2 styles of tutus.  Under albums "tutus" you will see the pink zebra one (that is the petti tutu style) or the rest of them are the other style (basic tutu).  Please let me know which one you prefer.

5. Since you are local <<removed location>>, I would like to meet you somewhere to deliver the tutu, at your convenience of course, but if you prefer it to be mailed I can do that as well.  I live in <<removed>> & work in <<removed>>.  Please let me know your preference.  If you are willing to meet me then I will contact you once it's completed to set up a meet time.

I think that is all that I have.

Thank you!

So she responded with what colors & waist size.  She never specified length.  I did talk her out of the one color she picked since I didn't think it would look good with the other colors (purple, lime green, kelly green & red - I suggested nixing the red, to which she agreed).

Here is how it turned out.
Cute, right?

So I delivered it yesterday & she thought it was very cute.  Well I get an email from her last night stating that it is too short & the granddaughter really wanted the red in there too & would like me to take it back & make a new one for her & IF she has to, she will pay for it.  Now, I'm not sure what to do.  I mean, I'm just getting into this & I don't need people bad mouthing my work.  So I offered to remake the tutu at the longer length, at no charge & she would need to return this one to me.  

I'm so upset.  It was a FREE tutu.  WHY would you complain about it?  So it's a short one.  I didn't know that it was that big of a deal when 
a. you didn't pay for it 
&
b. you never specified length.

So what would you have done?  Would you have offered to remake it?  Tell her tough, it was free & deal with it?  Charge her to make the new one?

I'm not sure I will do anymore giveaways.  This just put a bad taste in my mouth.  I want to make a little money on these but at the rate I'm going that's not gonna happen.  I just want them to be awesome & have people really like them.
Oh well.  Tomorrow's another day....

Hope your day is grand!

2 comments:

  1. yikes - i totally agree with you when it was free and you DID NOT specify the length, sorry charlie.

    sorry laura. don't let one person ruin the fun though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. I'm trying to blow it off. & I've decided that I'm not going to do anything until she returns the other one. Let's hope she doesn't. :)

      Delete