"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 17, 2013

It's Friday - Yea!

The days just fly by here.
And this momma is T.I.R.E.D.
The hubs & I found a place we want to call home permanently but thing is it's in foreclosure & we just can't do 2 mortgages.  So we are now rushing to sell our house in hopes that said house will still be available.
This week has been spent cleaning/decluttering/beautifying our home.
  • Sunday night, after wonderful Mother's Day visits, we went to Home Depot & bought 3 new interior doors.  
  • Monday Steve installed 2 of the 3 doors while I worked on the living room.
  • Tuesday Steve installed the 3rd door and I worked on the bathroom & touching up the living room with paint.
  • Wednesday Steve worked on....well I'm not sure, trimming up bushes & took a load of stuff to the storage shed.  Steve's dad came over as well & helped haul stuff away.  Thank you!!  I painted 2 & 1/3 of the doors, while Bailee (our niece) entertained the boys.  Huge help!
  • Thursday Steve worked outside, you know trimming, mowing grass, cleaning off porches & straightening up the garage, sort of....I still had 2/3 of a door to paint so I did that in the morning before work.  That night I worked like a mad woman inside because we were notified that we had people coming to look at our house Friday instead of Saturday.  Of course I had the ever needed help of my momma.  Thank you a million!!!!  Oh & I must mention my Dad too.  He was a HUGE help & took the boys to the playground for a while & some ice cream afterwards.  I finally got done cleaning the house at 12:15 a.m. hence the reason why I'm so tired.
I really hope the showing goes well but I'm also prepared for it to be nothing.  If not we will list with the realtor next week.

This morning was rough.  I had a few last minute things to do before we left the house (put out new towels, put away dishes, make everyone's bed, take laundry downstairs).  Of course when I was making the boys' bed I broke one of the steps on the bunk bed & cut my foot.  Then Tad tracked cut grass in the front door.  I put the wrong key out for the realtor (but realized it before we left).  Thank goodness daycare drop off was smooth.  I found a penny in the parking lot - tails up but I picked it up.  
A penny is a penny.

As I was balancing the checkbook I realized that I didn't set up the payment for the Capital One card.  SOB!  So, I put a phone call into them to see what could be done.  Thank goodness they said they would waive the fees & it wouldn't effect our credit report.  Whew.  But I'm still mad at myself for not paying it in the first place.

All I need now is a pillow & blanket (maybe a bed too)!

Have a great weekend.  We have birthday parties tomorrow.  We will also be getting some rest in as well (I hope) & playtime with the boys.  They have not had much attention from us this week.

Pictures will be added later!

If you know of anyone looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath home send them our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment