![]() |
| Photo taken by Steve Henry |
Saturday morning we slept in till 8:30 a.m. It was so nice to not get up at 5 a.m. (or in Steve's case 4 a.m.). I got the kids some breakfast & then started baking cakes. We had decided to celebrate my mom's birthday that evening at their house and my future sister in law, Christi, and I were making dinner for her (and the rest of the bunch). I can't tell you how nice it is to have another female coming into our family. I love my brothers but sometimes they are pretty useless. Our menu consisted of chicken alfredo lasagna, 3 cheese ziti, garlic bread, caesar salad, and red velvet strawberry shortcake. Everything was awesome! I will post the lasagna and cake recipe later. I think Christi has posted the ziti recipe on her blog. If so I will link to it for all of you.
We also slept in on Sunday morning. I ended up on the couch after 3 a.m. because 2 little boys decided to come into our bed. I can only take them laying up against me for so long and I didn't want to chance waking them up moving them back to their beds. After church we had lunch and then took naps. It was nice to cuddle up with my boys for awhile. We always seem to be on the go, it's nice to slow down once in awhile. Steve and I did bills, meal planned for the week and then finished watching some Looney Tunes with the boys before bedtime.
Who doesn't love a little Sylvester and Tweety.
So that brings us to today and I'm having a great morning. I was able to get an awesome workout in, the boys ready (dressed, fed, teeth brushed, etc) and out the door by 7 a.m. My bonus for this morning was the music on the radio. Last song I heard before coming into the building was "Let's hear it for the boy" by Deniece Williams. How can that not put you in an awesome mood.
Best thing about Monday....only 4 more days and it's Friday!



I did a post to the ziti, it's under the August 30th post of A Little Bit of Everything.
ReplyDelete