"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 6, 2012

Workout - Wii week 1

How many of us are truly happy with who we are?  That there isn't one thing you wouldn't change about yourself, either physically, spiritually, mentally?  I can think of several things I would like to change about myself.  I do not like who I see in the mirror.  I do not know this girl at all and I have no idea how I allowed myself to get here.  I'm ashamed.  I'm embarrassed.  I'm tired.  I need to be healthy for me and my family.  This is my start to a healthier me in 2012 & beyond.

In order to change from the person I've become, to the person I know I should be, I need to change.  I'm going to work on these 3 key things:
  • Food - eat healthier & smaller portions
  • Exercise - core, cardio and strength
  • Mind - reduce stress & stay positive
I'm already making small changes with my eating habits.  Don't get me wrong, it's hard.  It's very hard to change the way you've been for years and it doesn't happen overnight.  I know focusing my mind will not be an easy task either.  So many outside factors contribute to negativity and daily stress but I'm going to do my best to remove myself from those situations.

When it comes to exercising, I love doing it in a group.  I've participated in zumba, cardio kickboxing, aerobics and water aerobics.  Since we have a very tight budget I will not able to join any group exercise classes at this time so instead Steve and his parents (& a few gift cards got thrown in too) bought me a Wii for Christmas.  My good friend, Kiki, got me a workout game too - Fit in Six.  While it does it's job I'm not 100% sure it's something I can do long term.  Maybe I just don't understand it yet.  My plan is to try to workout a minimum of 30 minutes - 3x a week.  So far so good.  I've actually done 3 - 1 hr workouts this week so far.  Once the weather gets nicer we will walk/ride bikes outside too.

Not today and maybe not tomorrow but I will share my journey from start to finish.  I just can't bring myself to go there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment