This will probably be my mornings from here on out:
- wake up around 5 a.m.
- work out for 30-60 minutes
- get kids up and get them breakfast
- get in shower
- get dressed
- get kids dressed
- get teeth brushed, hair combed, faces washed
- get my lunch/bag together
- out the door for drop off at grandma/grandpa's & school or babysitter
- get to work on time
I know this is a typical day for many moms and dads out there but this is all kind of new to me. I've been very fortunate that Steve or his mom and dad have taken Bart to preschool in the morning or he has dropped them off at their house in the morning for the day. I was only responsible for 1-2 mornings a week for daycare drop off and my wonderful babysitter would feed them their breakfast for me when they got there. All I had to do is make sure I got them up, dressed, teeth brushed etc, breakfast packed and out the door.
Preschool raises an issue though. We love currently where Bart goes and hope to send Tad there too but this may turn out to be way too much work to get them there. It is in completely the opposite direction of where I work. So come next fall the boys might be trying yet another new preschool out.

Hey Laura!! I am a super creep and just saw via FB you have a blog. I love it!!
ReplyDeleteHonestly glad to see I'm not the only Mommy who has a wrestling match with two kids in the mornings. lol. jk. You honestly juts get into the routine and it's like wow, I am super Mom. Congrats on Steven's new job!!
You can check out my blog at http://ourwalterlife.blogspot.com
I don't have 2 kids to care for but I am sure I will some day. I know that when I had to actually start getting Carter ready for school, as in feed him and such my mornings turned upside down. I use to be able to get ready then get him up and get him dressed and then take him to the sitters and she would do the rest (even when he was in preschool). NOW I have to fight for 20 minutes before he gets dressed and another 10 for him to just get dressed. It takes another 20 for him to eat his bowl of cereal that he has to pour on his own (I do the milk and then he pours his cereal). After that there is the argument to get him in the bathroom to comb and put monster spray in his hair and brush his teeth, every time I call him into the bathroom after the 5th time if calling his name and I have to actually go into what ever room he is in to get him he says he never heard me. UM, my house is a shoe box how can you not hear me. But then there is the fight to get him out the door, he either forgets his backpack or lunch box in the house, his shoes are always untied (even if I double tie them) and then when we are walking to the car he wants to walk to the neighbors house... EVERY TIME, like he can't remember from day to day what his routine is. UGH! I don't make him take the bus because he would never make it and I think it would be a bigger fight.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. Double that. Will he ride the bus next fall?
ReplyDelete