"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 13, 2012

Workout - Wii week 2

This is what my scale said too this morning.  With the advice from my future sister in law (check out her blog here) I changed my weigh-in day from Monday to Friday.  I realized that I gained 2 lbs since I started 2 weeks ago (Jan 2).  Even though the scale says I gained, I do feel more energetic and I think my body is changing.  My clothes seem to be fitting a bit better but only time will tell if it's really working. 

I have managed to work out at least 30 minutes each day this week.  I have made myself get out of my nice warm bed around 5-5:15 a.m. and boot up the Wii.  I have also been making an effort to eat healthier too.  Watch for my "What's for Dinner?" posts to see the new recipes we are trying.  I am usually not one to eat breakfast but I am working on it.  For instance my breakfast this morning was 1 whole wheat bagel with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/4 cup blueberries and all the water I can drink.  I'm actually really liking the peanut butter/bagel thing.  Of course I have to be super careful with peanut butter around Bart.  For those of you that don't know he is very allergic to peanuts.  Lunch usually consists of the prior nights leftovers and we are making most of our meals from scratch every night.

I did try a new game this week on the Wii.  It was Just Dance 3. It was ok.  I was actually kind of disappointed.  I thought I'd like it more than I did.  Some songs were fun but I just didn't feel like I was getting a good workout.  I was sweating but dancing by yourself isn't that fun.  Some songs I have never heard.  I think I would do better making my own mixed tape (ha ha ha remember those?) and pick my own songs & just dance around the house like a fool.  The one day I tracked my sweat points & I made it to 2,000.  The conversion is 4-5 sweat points = 1 calorie.  So I burned around 400-500 calories.  I do not think this is accurate.  I am glad that I didn't buy this game and instead rented it first.  I think I will just go back to my other game, Fit in 6.  After all, it's not as bad as I originally thought it was.  I've found longer workout sessions, which work better than the shortened versions I was trying last week.

However I would still like to blame....

I still have a long way to go but I didn't get this way over night.  I just need to stick with it and see where it takes me.  For those of you struggling, you are not alone. :)

I need Wii game suggestions.  I'm thinking I might give the Zumba one a try or maybe the Biggest Looser one.  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Keep going. With all the running and working out I did this week I lost 2lbs. But I can tell I lost inches too because my pants are getting baggier in the legs and rear. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete