"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pinterest - Clothespin reindeer

So, I found this super cute ornament on pinterest a few months back.  I usually buy a Hallmark ornament for all my godchildren but since funds were extremely tight this past Christmas I started looking for an alternative.  I came across these clothespin reindeer.  I decided it would be fun to make one for each of my family members.  So in total I think I made around 20.  They were fun and pretty easy to do too.  I hope you enjoy them.
Photo taken by Laura Henry
What you will need (per reindeer):
  • 3 clothespins
  • 1 popsicle stick (craft stick)
  • brown paint and paintbrush
  • 1 small red pom-pom
  • 2 googly eyes (I thought the larger eyes looked better - see picture below)
  • 1 small jingle bell
  • Few inches of red, green, gold, or silver ribbon
  • Glue (I used hot glue)
Visit crafts for all seasons for instructions with pictures.  They did a wonderful job.

Photo by Crafts for all seasons

I'm very happy with how mine turned out.  I do like the ones that had the bigger eyes.  I did make some with the bigger eyes too but cannot locate that picture right now.  Enjoy!
Photo taken by Laura Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment