"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a very nice weekend.

Saturday Steve and Bart (and Steve's Dad) went over to the city for a toy show.  Steve and his dad have been going to this show for years and last year was Bart's first year to go.  Steve said all he wanted to look at was the trains and most of the vendors have cars/tractors/trucks so Bart was pretty disappointed.  We talked about them taking Tad but decided that he was just a little to small to go this year but he definitely is going to go next year.  I know he's gonna love it.  He is my car and truck boy.

So Tad and I ventured to my mom and dad's.  My youngest brother Matt and I made some awesome homemade guacamole.  While we were working on the guacamole, Matt asked me if I wanted to have a beer and despite the clock saying 10:30, I agreed.  We each had a Wheach beer from O'Fallon brewery.  It's a mixture of peach and wheat and was actually pretty good.  We had lunch with my mom and dad and then we all took a nap.  My other brother Tim and his finance Christi dropped off her son with me while they went to marriage class.  We had a lot of fun.  After they came back to pick him up Tad and I headed home to have supper with Bart and Steve.

On Sunday we did the Sunday school/church stuff.  After church we got together with some friends of ours, the Jacksons and went to Monkey Joe's.  For those of you that do not know what I'm taking about check out the link.  It's an indoor bounce house.  The kids had a good time and we were there for about an hour.  They also have some video games in there and once the kids were not interested in doing the bounce houses anymore we decided it was time to go.  I was not too thrilled that we paid for the kids to go play and all they really wanted to do was play those darn video games.  No, they didn't get to play them because I refused to give Monkey Joe's more money than I already had.  Tad did get stuck in one of the video game things tho.  I didn't get a picture since I was kind of worried that he was really stuck.  I was able to get him out pretty quickly but was a bit embarrassed.  Overall it was fun and the boys had fun playing with the Jackson boys.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment