"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

So the weekend started out on Friday night with an argument with my hubby.  He is trying to get a podcast thing started and wants/needs time to do it and I'm the big evil that won't allow it.  
This is NOT true.
I simply stated that I didn't want him spending all of his free time working on this thing.  I mean how would he feel if I spend all my free time on my crafts and not with him and the boys?

So let's just skip forward to Saturday...

 It was around 5:45 a.m. and I was wide awake in bed so I decided to get up, while everyone was sleeping and go to the basement to play with my new cricut.  I was down there maybe 30 minutes before Bart came traipsing down the stairs.  I was happy to see him since I needed him to help me.  

We had decided that we were going to make both Grandpas, a birthday card.

Steve's dad's birthday was Friday (Feb 24th) and my dad's birthday is March 6th.

We began cutting out different shapes.  Tractors, cows, sheep, fence, train, train track, etc....Grandpa H was getting a farm themed card.  Papa K was getting a train themed card.

Around 7 a.m. Tad came down and I figured it was time to stop and feed the crew breakfast.  After breakfast the boys and I went back down stairs.  We didn't break again till lunch.  After lunch we all took a nap.  After our naps Bart and I proceeded to finish the cards.

They turned out pretty cute.  I didn't take a picture of the farm card before we gave it to Grandpa H (I'll try to get one though) but here are some pics of the other one.

Shhhhhh Mom!  Don't tell/show Dad! :)
All photos taken by Laura Henry



Sunday's activities...
Sunday school and church were first on the agenda.  Bart sung in the 10:30 service and we invited Grandma and Grandpa H to join in on the fun.  After church we went to Lisa's Bar and Grill in PDR to have lunch and celebrate Grandpa H's birthday.  Steve's brother's family joined us too and we had a nice visit.
  
Steve's mom and dad invited us back to their house for some wine and dessert but since the boys needed naps we skipped the invitation and headed home.  Both boys fell asleep on the way home but Bart's nap was short lived.  As Steve was carrying him inside he stepped on a plastic bubble that made a huge POP and Bart was up.  Needless to say Steve tried to get Bart to go back to sleep but instead Bart put daddy to sleep.
  
I did not want to nap and since I didn't have anyone to go wine-ing with I was going to take advantage of the 60 degree weather and wash the van.  It was so dirty and there is nothing better than a nice clean vehicle.  I also washed my poor little car too.  She really is showing her age these days.  The paint is fading, clear coat is gone and she has rust on her rear quarter panels but, what should I expect, she is 11 years old and over 200k miles.

All photos taken by Laura Henry

I was just getting ready to wash the truck when my brother and his fiance and her son showed up.  The kids got to play and we got to visit before they headed on their way.
Afterwards I raked the leaves away from the house while the boys continued to play in the rocks.  I grabbed my camera and did a mini shoot with the boys.  They are so funny sometimes.
All photos taken by Laura Henry



Aren't they cute?!



Overall a good weekend.  Looking forward to the next one!

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment