"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, February 24, 2012

Workout - week 8

Last week I decided to change things up.


My mini goals were to figure out breakfast and to do at least a 30 minute workout 3x this week.

Let's start with the positive shall we:
  1. Breakfast is going good.  I've created a scrambled egg breakfast burrito with salsa that isn't half bad.  The one tweak I could make to that is to get a better tortilla shell.  This week I used large flour tortillas but it's what I had on hand.
  2. Tracking my food.  I've done really well, at least since Monday.  I am tracking my food and exercise on Livestrong, which is a fitness website that was highly recommended to me.  The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that they do not have a mobile app for android. :(  This makes me sad.  AND, I end up doing double the work because I will use My Fitness Pal on my phone and then transfer the information to Livestrong when I can get to a computer.  Livestrong allows you to create recipes, meal plans and share your information with others.  I'm still learning all the cool things on there.
What do I still need to work on:
  1. Workouts...I really didn't do 30 mins 3 days.  It sounded so simple but I just didn't do it.  I need to really jump back on this wagon.  30 minutes isn't that long.  I know this.
  2. Balancing out meals.  From tracking my food I'm a bit heavy on protein and sodium.  Thing is - I don't add extra salt to anything.
  3. Finding new foods.  Less processed/prepackaged - more fresh/home-grown!
I can't wait to get our garden started.  From what I've been told it's going in at my inlaws house since hubby doesn't want to put the work into building a raise bed.  Ok - fine, as long as I can have fresh veggies I don't care where it is!
So what exercise (if you can call it that) did I do this week?
  • Monday I went shopping with my mom.  We walked a lot but it wasn't power walking.  I did record casual walking for 10 minutes, I think...
  • I did get to go bike riding with the family on Wednesday evening but I don't know how much it helped.  I mean I was riding my bike, Steve was riding his bike and pulling Tad behind him in the cart and Bart was riding his new big boy bike but not too well.  I had to keep stopping to help him go forward.  I think he fell 4 or 5 times but it was because of the crappy roads we have.  So I recorded this episode as 10 minutes of bike riding and 10 minutes of walking.  We rode for about 30 minutes.
  • Thursday I was going to do my 30 minute workout but instead ended up fumbling with the internet channel on the Wii trying to load up Body Rock TV so that I could do their workout.  Not sure why but I couldn't get it to work so I only had time for about 5 minutes of ab work and 10 minutes of canoeing on the Wii.
 Suck it up girl & JUST DO IT!

On a positive note:

I did loose 4.5 lbs this week.  

I'm guessing it was because of the food choices and tracking because let's face it....
I sucked in the exercise department! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment