"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, February 10, 2012

Workout - week 6


No Wii this week.  I just haven't been feeling it.  I actually gained 1 pound this week but I'm not gonna dwell on it.  Not sure what happened but I knew 4 lbs down last week was too good to be true.  This week wasn't too good in the working out department and maybe that was part of it too.  However I know that my core is getting stronger so it's not all for nothing.

So what did I do this week?  I did 35 minutes of Pilates on Tuesday morning, and a new circuit exercise on Wednesday and today.

Maybe I just don't get the whole Pilates fad.  I mean I really don't see how this stuff works.  Obviously I'm not doing something right but I figure I'll keep trying.  At least on my off days or until it gets nice enough to get back outside.

This is the DVD I have.  It's nice because it has non-modified positions, part-modified positions and full-modified positions.  Right now I'm doing the full-modified positions and still find I can't do some of them.

The new circuit training that I'm doing is from fitbie.  It's called the 5-minute fitness secret.  The nice thing about this circuit is that it consists of 5 exercises that last 30 seconds with 30 seconds of rest between each station.  It is suggested the you do 4-5 sets 3x a week.  I was able to do 5 sets 2 days so far this week.  The exercises don't look that hard but your heart rate will increase and you will sweat.  I also added some ab work to the end of the 5th set.

So here are the exercises.  If you want pictures and proper form check out this website.

  1. Dumbbell lunge and rotation
  2. Mountain climber
  3. Dumbbell push press
  4. Dumbbell row
  5. Squat thrusts
The ab exercises that I added:  (For examples of what these exercises look like click on the word and it will take you to a video or description of that exercise.)
  1. Crunch
  2. Side crunch - (left and right side)
  3. Leg lifts - (35 seconds into the video is the form)
  4. V-crunch - (1 minute 7 seconds into the video is the form)
I did as many as I could in 30 seconds, keeping proper form and did each exercise back to back (no rest in between).  I did 3 sets resting 30 seconds between each set.


I'm going to try harder next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment