"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was fairly uneventful.

We did nothing on Friday evening.


Saturday we were all up bright and early.  
I was cleaning the house by 7:30 a.m. and finished around 10ish.  Steve worked on laundry for me and took the boys with him to his hair cut appointment so I could mop the floors in peace.  The house looked nice for about 3 hours.  I guess that's just life with kids.

After lunch we went outside and raked up leaves.  Well the boys drove trucks through the piles, which didn't make Steve to happy but he got over it.  After we got them all bagged up the boys and I went inside to start cooking jambalaya for supper and Steve took the leaves to his mom and dads.  After dinner my brother, Mike, came over and played with the kids for awhile.  We gave the boys a bath and put them to bed.

Steve had started a fire in the fire pit so the 3 of us went outside and had a few beers.  I decided to munch on some chippies and offered some to my brother who bit my thumb because he decided to eat them out of my hand instead of taking them.  It hurt too!  Around 10 p.m. I called it quits and took a nice warm shower and crawled into bed.
 
This is what our firepit looks like.  It's pretty but not functional at all.  The only way to get some heat off of it is to open the door.  





 

Some day I want one like this...


Sunday I took Bart to Sunday school but we didn't go to church since I had a "meet-up" at 11:30 a.m.  After some lunch & a yummy strawberry daiquiri, I headed home.
Around 3 p.m. my mom sent me a text telling me that her and my dad were almost home from Florida and we should come visit them.  So the boys and I went down to see them and had supper down there too.  I missed them and so did my boys.

I've finally convinced my mom to start tracking her food.  She is amazed that I'm loosing weight just by tracking my food.  I hope it helps her too.

It's supposed to be really nice here this week.  I think the forecast for today is sunny and 80 degrees.  It's days like this I hate working inside.  I might just have to take a vacation day and spend it playing with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment