"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's Up BP?

 "What's Up Doc BP?"
I was at a BP (British Petroleum) gas station several weeks ago getting ready to get gas.  I usually always pay at the pump.  So I get out of the van, swipe my card, and wait for the pump to tell me to select a grade and lift the lever.  Well the first question after swiping my card was, debt?  Um, no.  Then it says please wait.  Then it asked for my 5 digit zip code.  I have never had to enter this before and wasn't going to just enter it.  So I declined.  Funny thing is, it wouldn't let me proceed.  So I push the cancel button, which did nothing.  Then I pressed the help button to which after about a minute it told me to go see an attendant. 

So I go into the station to where there is no attendant at the register.  I had to say "hello" to get the attention of the lady that was sitting in a small room behind the counter.  She proceeded to tell me that I had to enter my zip code.  I do not think this is necessary so I tell her that I will proceed to another gas station.  I went to another station, paid at the pump and did not have to enter my zip. 

So what's up with this?  I think I'm just about done doing the credit card thing.  They are EVIL & becoming too complicated.  Did you know there are scanners that can scan your bar code from inside your wallet and you won't even know it?  I wasn't aware of this until I saw this infomercial on these metal carrying cases.  Not to mention the way the government can track you with your use.  But that's another story....

AND what is up with the cost of gasoline!?  This is absolutely ridiculous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment