I don't know about ya'll but I think I need another day off!
This weekend flew by and I even had an extra day (Thank you Good Friday!).
Friday I spent hangin' out with the boys.
They are too funny and make me crazy sometimes.
I was going to clean my house but when I realized that they were going to counter my actions I decided to leave it alone till Saturday morning.
I did get laundry washed and hung it outside to dry.
We also got the icing made for Tad's birthday cake.
My future sister-in-law dropped Tad's cupcakes off and we chatted for a little while.
After a quick shower the boys and I headed to town to do some banking and then over to the city to pick up Tim and Christi's wedding invitations.
BTW - They are so gorgeous!
On our way back home I talked to my Dad who was fishing at a friends house and invited me to bring the boys by for a little bit.
They had a blast fishing. And don't worry Tim - we didn't take all of the fish.
Tad fell in the pond. Luckily it was only about 1 foot deep where he fell in and as quickly as he fell in, he jumped back out. Poor kid was soaked from waist to toe. I stripped him down to his underwear (they were the only thing not wet) and Bart offered him his shirt.
Shortly thereafter we headed home.
After supper I gave the boys a bath and then proceeded to decorate Tad's birthday cake.
The boys helped me sort out the m & m's (a few made it in their tummies too.)
Before I knew it, it was bedtime.
I tucked those 2 sweet boys in and we said their prayers and off to sleep they went.
This weekend flew by and I even had an extra day (Thank you Good Friday!).
Friday I spent hangin' out with the boys.
They are too funny and make me crazy sometimes.
I was going to clean my house but when I realized that they were going to counter my actions I decided to leave it alone till Saturday morning.
I did get laundry washed and hung it outside to dry.
We also got the icing made for Tad's birthday cake.
My future sister-in-law dropped Tad's cupcakes off and we chatted for a little while.
After a quick shower the boys and I headed to town to do some banking and then over to the city to pick up Tim and Christi's wedding invitations.
BTW - They are so gorgeous!
On our way back home I talked to my Dad who was fishing at a friends house and invited me to bring the boys by for a little bit.
They had a blast fishing. And don't worry Tim - we didn't take all of the fish.
Tad fell in the pond. Luckily it was only about 1 foot deep where he fell in and as quickly as he fell in, he jumped back out. Poor kid was soaked from waist to toe. I stripped him down to his underwear (they were the only thing not wet) and Bart offered him his shirt.
Shortly thereafter we headed home.
After supper I gave the boys a bath and then proceeded to decorate Tad's birthday cake.
The boys helped me sort out the m & m's (a few made it in their tummies too.)
Before I knew it, it was bedtime.
I tucked those 2 sweet boys in and we said their prayers and off to sleep they went.
It was a good week for weight loss too. I had my mind set that I was going to be happy if I didn't gain, since we hadn't meal planned very well. I'm down another 1.8 lbs!
Saturday we woke with Tad telling us it was his birthday.
We snuggled with him and told him his birth story.
He loved it. He thought it was pretty funny that he peed all over the nurses once they grabbed him out of my tummy. (Gotta love the c-section!)
Bart had entered the room too and wanted to hear his birth story too.
I cherish these times because I know that as time goes on they will not want me telling them how they were born. LOL.
Anyway we had a lot to do before Tad's guests started showing up: breakfast, a quick trip to the store, cutting up vegetables & fruit, cooking hot wings and Mississippi sin dip, sweeping floors, vacuuming, setting up picnic tables (& washing them down), cleaning the bathroom, getting cleaned up ourselves, blowing up balloons, making drinks, etc.... I even had about 30 minutes to spare to try to get the boys to lay down for a nap. Yeah - that didn't happen but it did give me a break to rest for a few minutes before the party.
We had a great day! The weather was beautiful. It was the perfect day to share with our family & friends. The kids had a blast playing together and even got to hunt Easter eggs. After playing, the egg hunt, present opening and cake eating I had one tired little birthday boy. He requested to watch a movie inside and fell asleep within 5 minutes. Daddy thought this was a great idea too - and joined him on the couch. Meanwhile I entertained those that remained and started the clean up. Not too big of a deal except I had burnt my fingers on a hot lid earlier so dish washing was a challenge. Around 7 I had everything cleaned up. We had some late visitors drop in around then to wish Tad a happy birthday - Tim, Christi & Carter. They stayed and visited for a short time before heading out for some supper.
Bedtime came and we all crashed.
Sunday was Easter.
We headed to church and had to sit in the hall since the church was full. Now let me tell you, I wasn't very happy about this. I'm thinking of not going to church on Christmas or Easter since the Chreasters (chrismas & easter) overfill the church & don't know how to share a pew. Just my 2 cents....
After church we headed to my mom and dad's for Easter lunch. The food was good, the wine was cold and the boys enjoyed playing with Caleb. They hunted eggs and then re-hid them for us to find. It was fun.
Then we were off to my in-laws for supper. We had a nice visit there and another egg hunt before heading home.
But as we were leaving, Steve backed into his brother's vehicle. Of course their vehicle has little to no damage but ours has yet another scrape on the bumper - the back one this time. Luckily it's on the plastic & not metal and it's just the surface - not into the plastic like my boo boo, but man oh man, was I upset - still am! I didn't buy a new vehicle, costing bazillion dollars, to just ding up now & then....
Bed time couldn't come soon enough...
And we start all over again...Hello Monday!
Saturday we woke with Tad telling us it was his birthday.
We snuggled with him and told him his birth story.
He loved it. He thought it was pretty funny that he peed all over the nurses once they grabbed him out of my tummy. (Gotta love the c-section!)
Bart had entered the room too and wanted to hear his birth story too.
I cherish these times because I know that as time goes on they will not want me telling them how they were born. LOL.
Anyway we had a lot to do before Tad's guests started showing up: breakfast, a quick trip to the store, cutting up vegetables & fruit, cooking hot wings and Mississippi sin dip, sweeping floors, vacuuming, setting up picnic tables (& washing them down), cleaning the bathroom, getting cleaned up ourselves, blowing up balloons, making drinks, etc.... I even had about 30 minutes to spare to try to get the boys to lay down for a nap. Yeah - that didn't happen but it did give me a break to rest for a few minutes before the party.
We had a great day! The weather was beautiful. It was the perfect day to share with our family & friends. The kids had a blast playing together and even got to hunt Easter eggs. After playing, the egg hunt, present opening and cake eating I had one tired little birthday boy. He requested to watch a movie inside and fell asleep within 5 minutes. Daddy thought this was a great idea too - and joined him on the couch. Meanwhile I entertained those that remained and started the clean up. Not too big of a deal except I had burnt my fingers on a hot lid earlier so dish washing was a challenge. Around 7 I had everything cleaned up. We had some late visitors drop in around then to wish Tad a happy birthday - Tim, Christi & Carter. They stayed and visited for a short time before heading out for some supper.
Bedtime came and we all crashed.
Sunday was Easter.
We headed to church and had to sit in the hall since the church was full. Now let me tell you, I wasn't very happy about this. I'm thinking of not going to church on Christmas or Easter since the Chreasters (chrismas & easter) overfill the church & don't know how to share a pew. Just my 2 cents....
After church we headed to my mom and dad's for Easter lunch. The food was good, the wine was cold and the boys enjoyed playing with Caleb. They hunted eggs and then re-hid them for us to find. It was fun.
Then we were off to my in-laws for supper. We had a nice visit there and another egg hunt before heading home.
But as we were leaving, Steve backed into his brother's vehicle. Of course their vehicle has little to no damage but ours has yet another scrape on the bumper - the back one this time. Luckily it's on the plastic & not metal and it's just the surface - not into the plastic like my boo boo, but man oh man, was I upset - still am! I didn't buy a new vehicle, costing bazillion dollars, to just ding up now & then....
Bed time couldn't come soon enough...
And we start all over again...Hello Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment