"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's for Dinner? Steve's Mostacholi


Photo taken by Laura Henry
I'm guessing by the title you've figured out that this is 
a NON-cookbook recipe.

Whoot!  Go me! (Um, I mean Steve!)

 Steve can sure come up with some pretty good food, which is good because
I like to eat.

Today's recipe I've named

Drum roll please.......

Steve's Mostacholi 
(Real original, I know....) 
AND I've taken pictures while he was in action!  I hope you enjoy them.

Yield: 10 servings      Prep/cook time: 40 minutes

But first let's get the ingredients......
Photo taken by Laura Henry
  • 1 box Penne Pasta
  • 3 cups Sockarooni Pasta Sauce (Newman's Own)
  • 1/2 cup Canned Mushrooms, Stems And Pieces
  • 3/4 cup Green Peppers (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup Yellow Onions - Diced
  • 1 lb Italian Pork Sausage (Salsiccia - pronounced Sa-zet-za)
  • 2 cups Shredded Povel
  • 1 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
Photo taken by Laura Henry
 
Photo taken by Laura Henry
Photo taken by Laura Henry

Photo taken by Laura Henry


Photo taken by Laura Henry
Directions:
  1. Prepare penne pasta as stated on box. Drain completely.
  2. Meanwhile brown sausage in large skillet.
  3. Add peppers, onions. Saute.
  4. Add mushrooms & pasta sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
  5. In a 9x13 pan add cooked pasta, sausage mixture and 1 cup of povel cheese. Mix. 
  6. Top with 1 cup povel & 1 cup mozzarella cheese and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. 
  7. Bake at 400 °F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Nutrition:  422 calories, 19 g fat, 7 g sat. fat, 59 mg cholesterol, 1006 mg sodium, 42 carbohydrates, 6 fiber, 9 g sugar, 22 g protein

Photo taken by Laura Henry
This goes great with a side salad.
Think "Pasta House" salad for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment