So this weekend flew by.
We were kid-less this weekend!
My mom and dad wanted to take them camping and I didn't object.
Besides it gave the hubs & I a chance to reconnect.
Things have been so hectic that we haven't had any 1 on 1 time in forever.
Friday night we just hung out at home.
After supper we went for a walk. It was nice.
Steve had a friend come over to work on some podcast stuff & I relaxed on the couch.
Saturday Steve had to go have some blood work done & I had a hair appointment.
It was decided that it was time to do an all over color in order to get rid of the grays and to blend in root color, old highlights and what tinting the sun has done to my locks.
I really like LOVE it. Liz did a great job & I can't wait to go back to her in the next month or so to start trying out some hair styles for the bros wedding. We decided that we will do hi-lites (or low-lites) right before the wedding. Maybe I should get some hot pink or purple ones. JK Christi! LOL
After my appointment Steve and I headed out for the rest of the day. We decided to celebrate his birthday since last weekend it just didn't work out. We checked out some local microbreweries & had an absolute blast!
We visited 6 Row, Urban Chestnut, Buffalo Brewing, Schafly and 4 Hand. I can tell you this much - good beer but watch that alcohol content. It will get cha. Anyway we experienced some crazy weather too. The first storm came through & it was straight-line winds & crazy amounts of water on the roads. Luckily we were sitting chatting with the brew-master at Buffalo at the time. After the rain left up we headed onward. But the second storm hit when we were leaving our last stop - 4 Hand. On our way to the car we heard sirens but never associated them with the storm. So we got in the car & started to drive away. Well within seconds rain & hail started pounding the car. It sounded so bad. The stuff we experienced was about quarter size but the news reported much larger than that. We sat tight for about 5-10 minutes & then headed home. At one point on the interstate we had to merge completely to the left hand side because of water - like 18 inches deep or better - ON THE INTERSTATE!!!! Crazy I tell ya. We made it safely home around 7:30 & crashed out for the night.
Sadly there was a fatality in downtown from the weather. I later found out it was the father of a girl I went to school with. I pray for them comfort and peace.
Sunday morning we woke bright & early & headed off to church. It was so refreshing to actually sit through a service & hear everything. Most Sunday's we are too distracted by our kids so this was a nice change. After church we had breakfast and then headed home to work on a grocery list. We headed out to do a little shopping and then back home for a nap. Around 3:30 I headed to my mom and dad's to pick up the boys. Those little stinkers weren't happy to see me, which broke my heart. So I loaded them up and headed home. We ate supper and went for a short walk before it was bath & bed time.
So now it's Monday again.
Started the morning off in the car with a little Billy Ocean & my kids rocking out. It was priceless. Enjoy your day!

No comments:
Post a Comment