I can finally spill my big news from the other week.
A few Fridays ago, a metro-east company contacted me and asked if I would provide my resume to them because they were looking for a GIS (Geographic Information System) person. I emailed my resume Monday morning and had a phone call later that evening for an interview on Tuesday. I was offered the job on the spot. I was extremely flattered but completely torn because I love what I do at the County. After a lot, I mean A LOT, of thought, I decided to stay where I am...for now.
Next time I'm getting one of these!
Do you remember these?
They were awesome!
In all honesty I was going to take the job. I mean they had good perks - better pay, work from home a few days a week, overtime offered, build their GIS department & manage it, stock options, flexibility, etc... I know, I know - you're shaking your head wondering what in the world is wrong with me....Well when I got home I told Steve about the interview & discussed it a bit & then he lays it on me - He got a job offer as well that day.
A little back story - back in November when he got laid off he had applied with RBI. He tested & interviewed but that was all we heard. So in the mean time he kept applying for job after job. Right after the first of the year he was offered & accepted a job at Home Depot. I mean we needed him to be working so anything was better than nothing at this point. It was a great position, as most HD employees will agree.
So after the phone call on Tuesday, all Steve had to do was a physical and drug test. Simple enough, right? My thoughts exactly. Well he failed the drug test....KIDDING!!! I'm just kidding. That was not even an issue. Ha Ha! Actually he had an issue with his blood pressure and needed to follow up with his doctor before he could finish the physical test. So after a Dr follow up he was released & passed the remaining physical. His start date is May 21st with orientation on May 4th.
I'm very excited for this. I know that they are a great company - heck my Dad has worked there for 40 years. I hope that things go exactly as he hopes and he finally finds his life long career. My brother Mike is starting there as well. So I guess you can say it's a family affair.
Oh & one more bit of information - Everyone in my immediate family (except me) has worked for RBI.
So now I feel better with my decision to stay with the County. I still hope to have things change here. I mean after all - the sky's the limit, right? If I find things won't/can't change I won't hesitate next time. Which I'm not overly worried about since this isn't the first time I've been approached for a job.
One last thing for today....
Happy 36th Anniversary to my Mom & Dad!
![]() |
| Photo taken by Laura Henry |
I love you guys very much & hope for many many more years together.
Just remember the bracelet Mom - "I Love Bob."

No comments:
Post a Comment