"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a CRAZY weekend.  I mean seriously!

I'm here to tell you - the super moon makes kids crazy!  If you don't believe me - read on!



Friday evening we attended a funeral for Steve's mom's cousin.  He was sick and was on borrowed time but it's still sad to lose a loved one.  I don't know about you but I definitely dislike taking my kids to the funeral home.  Especially since my 4 year old thought it was appropriate to run up to the front and loudly ask to see "what's in the box" (aka casket)  We were so embarrassed but luckily the family understood and didn't mind.  Next time grandpa needs to keep a better grip on him.

And then Saturday happened...
What you ask?  The craziness at the doctors office.  The boys had physicals scheduled for 9:30 & 9:45 a.m. and I had to take them by myself since Steve had an appointment to have the car accessorized at 10.  So we get to the Drs office and the first thing they do is tear out pull most of the books out onto the floor.  I'm trying to check them in & then fill out stupid paperwork & keep them under control.  I was failing miserably.  Finally the nurse asks us to come back.
Ok - fine.
The boys take off their shoes to get weighed and measured.
Perfect - no problems.
Sweet - things are looking up!
Then she asks them to do an eye test - to which Tad would not cooperate - but he's 3 so go figure.  So Bart completed the test and we were on the move again to our room.  Oh wait I forgot - while Bart was doing his test Tad was trying to enter another exam room.
So we get into our exam room & the nurse just looks at me in disbelief as my children literally bounce off the walls.  There wasn't a thing in there that they didn't touch/climb on.  Bart actually unscrewed a light bulb.  It was pure madness.  & momma's 2 hands were not enough.
They got their blood pressure & heart rate taken & then the nurse attempted to ask me a million questions.  Um - I'm sorry - I know it's your job but I have to either get my children under control or focus on your questions - just give me a freaking minute.....
Frustration was setting in.
After answering her questions she then proceeds to hand me a 4 page questionnaire for each boy that I have to complete before the doctor comes in.
?????
How in the He double hockey sticks am I supposed to do this when both of my children are literally outa control?!?!!
Funny thing was - I got to the end & the question was:
"Tell me what you enjoy most about your child."
Seriously?  You want me to answer this now?  Riiight!
So then the Doc came in....
She saw how CRAZY they were being & made them stop & sit down & listen to some rules for when they are in her office.
I was completely mortified.
I can't believe MY children act like this.
I felt like a total failure as a parent.
Thank goodness she understood.  She has been there, done that & doesn't ever want to be in my shoes again.  Gee thanks Dr Sandy!
But she did give us some good tips to try with them & we shall see how that goes.
After an apology to the nurse we headed on our way to meet Steve.
We ate some lunch and then tried to do some clothes shopping for me...
Another big failure.
They were too wound up so Steve took them home & I shopped by myself.
Shopping right now is exciting & frustrating though because I'm in between sizes.
Exciting because I'm almost completely out of plus sizes but frustrating because pluses are almost to big but misses are almost too small.
Later that evening we picked up Uncle Michael and headed to my mom and dad's since Steve was going out on a bachelor party - to which he didn't return home till 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Tad got a big boy bike.  He was so excited & I'm sure we will get plenty of use out of it!


Thanks Grandma & Papa.

Sunday was uneventful.  We I cleaned house & did laundry.  
I also had time to work on & finish a crafty that I've been planning for months & can't wait to share it with you in a few weeks.
I was glad to find my bed occupied by my hubby but not so glad that it was Sunday night.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment