Ok so apparently I'm in writer block hell.
I just can't seem to get into the swing of writing anything most days so instead I skip posting.
But I had a GREAT weekend so I do have an entry for today!
Yea!
Friday I ended up leaving work early & headed up to Fairview to return a few items that I had bought the week before. If there is one thing you should know about me, I am an avid returner. If I pay for something & end up not liking it or if it doesn't hold up to my standards I return it.
My most fav store for returning items is Kohl's.
Yep. Simply the best.
I ended up returning a shirt that I got there over 9 months ago b/c I wore it 2x & it got holes in it.
Yes - HOLES.
They took it back no ?'s asked & gave me store credit since I didn't have a receipt & it apparently wasn't purchased on my cc either. Didn't matter to me - I still got some $$ back on a shirt that was completely useless to me.
After my returns were completed I met Steve at home & we headed out to JFire's Market Bisro in Waterloo for our anniversary dinner.
![]() |
| Photo compliments of JFire's website. |
Our anniversary isn't until tomorrow (22nd) but over the last 3 years or so we have celebrated it by having a nice dinner here.
Simply the BEST food with an AMAZING outside dining area.
We ate & had a drink or two & then headed out to meet up with my brother, Mike.
Then it was off to St. Louis to attend Clips of faith film & beer festival at the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park. It's sponsored by New Belgium Brewing out of Fort Collins, CO.
Good beer & perfect weather.
![]() |
| Photo taken by Laura Henry |
Saturday we woke fairly early & cleaned the house.
I'm not a big fan of cleaning but it's nice when you have a partner there to help you out.
That & no kids helps too.
Speaking of kids - They went camping with Grandma & Papa so they were gone all weekend.
After cleaning up I made my way into Waterloo for my appointment with one of my fav beauticians - Liz.
I had decided I needed to go try some hair styles for my brothers upcoming wedding and since we had a wedding later that evening I figured it was a perfect day to try one out.
![]() |
| Photo's taken by Laura Henry (obviously LOL) |
What do you think?
It held up really well (these pictures were taken around 1 a.m. when we got home) but there were 76 bobby pins crammed into my skull - Ouch!
It held up really well (these pictures were taken around 1 a.m. when we got home) but there were 76 bobby pins crammed into my skull - Ouch!
After my hair appointment I met Steve at home, got dressed up and we headed out to St. Louis once again (3 days in a row baby.....)
We attended Bret & Joy's wedding at the Thaxton Speakeasy.
All I can say is
WOW!!!
May your life be filled with lots of blessings, both big & small.
It was an AMAZING building!
The bride was beautiful & the groom was speechless.
It's been a long time since I attended a wedding outside of Monroe/Randolph County and let me tell you it was a nice change of pace.
Thank you guys for inviting us.
We spent the evening chatting with several of Steve's high school buddies and of course enjoyed our fair share of cocktails.
Sunday was fairly uneventful. We went grocery shopping and my little boys came home.
Boy did I miss them.
Of course they didn't want to come home - go figure, right?
Alas it's Monday again.
Steve starts his new job today. I hope it goes ok.
Steve starts his new job today. I hope it goes ok.
Assessments are going out, which isn't fun but I'm ready to get it over with.
Bring on the week.
Bring on the week.




No comments:
Post a Comment