Today marks 8 years since Steve & I said "I DO"!
![]() |
| Photo by Dale Hoffmann Photography |
It's amazing to see how your life changes over time.
From the moment Steve saw me he knew he wanted to marry me.
Ha Ha Ha - NOT!
![]() |
| Bridal party - photo by Dale Hoffmann Photography |
But in all seriousness from the moment he first saw me he knew the next time he saw me he was going to talk to me. Which happened to be about 2 weeks later at his brothers wedding.
We started dating on April 22, 2001 & Steve proposed on December 1, 2002.
We set our wedding date for May 22, 2004.
It was a LONG engagement & I would NEVER encourage anyone to plan for longer than a year.
My mom made my wedding dress and the bridesmaid dresses.
Thank you a million times over, Mom!
Our wedding colors were Victorian lilac and silver.
We had real flowers (my one splurge)
The guys wore black tuxes.
Our cake was made by a friend of mine's mom.
Delicious!
| Our wedding cake |
Honestly I don't remember most of the day.
It happened so fast.
I do remember that Steve had the last cup of beer from the keg and we were the last ones to leave the reception- walking across the grass to our home (across the street).
and of course our wedding song
and of course our wedding song
But really all that mattered was that at the end of the day I was married to the love of my life.
![]() |
| Photo by Dale Hoffmann Photography |
It didn't matter if it was rain or shine....we were surrounded by our loved ones to celebrate our life long commitment to one another.
I've enjoyed the last 8 years together and I hope we have many more ahead of us.
It isn't always easy but you figure it out.
![]() |
| Photo by Dale Hoffmann Photography |
Steve, I love you more than I could have ever imagined!
"Love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts for eternity."
- Unknown




most random thing ever but i remember the speech your dad gave at your wedding. ok, not like word for word, but he was like 'i'm just going to say a few words,' and then lets go of this thing of paper that just rolls across the floor. bahahaha. it was hilarious. and totally your dad!
ReplyDelete