Today I took a vacation day from work.
I was able to attend VBS (vacation bible school) with my boys and help in there class today.
It was kind of nuts in there.
They have 17 (yes---seventeen!) 3-5 year olds in one class - 1 teacher & 2 helpers (of course today I was helper #3)
After VBS we had my cousin Caleb & future bonus nephew Carter join us for the day.
(Note boys' ages - 6, 5, 4 & 3)
We headed to town to get some McD's (my special treat for the boys) & then home.
After eating our lunches we sat down & watched Gnomeo & Juliet.
Cute movie.
At the end I laughed about them riding off on a purple lawnmower (you know she's "red" & he's "blue" & together those colors make "purple". The boys asked why I was laughing & I explained it to them. Well Carter informed me that red & blue make yellow. I was confused. He explained to me to keep watching the credits. Well at the end of the movie there are red & blue dots that are moving across the screen & when they cross over each other they do show yellow.
Light bulb! (thank you "Despicable Me" LOL)
I decided that we needed to do an experiment.
So I found my food coloring & got out some glasses & put some water in them.
I showed them how red & blue make purple.
Then we played around with some other color mixtures too.
They thought it was very cool!
After the color lesson we got our swimming clothes on & headed outside to play on the slip n slide.
It was so much fun.
They had a blast.
I also brought out the pool that goes with our slide & they loved it.
We had a great day & those boys are welcome back anytime.
Not sure I would want 4 boys of my own.
I mean come on, let's face it, it was 1 day for about 5 hours.
Hope you all had a good day too!





No comments:
Post a Comment