2.4 lbs lost this week
(Of course last week I gained .8 lbs)
That's 17.2 lbs lost in 24 weeks.
A grand total of 24.2 lbs lost since Oct 20, 2011.
So how am I accomplishing this?
Exactly what the doctors tell you
Nutrition & Exercise
I watch what I eat & when I eat it. (trying to include healthy snacks in between meals)
Eating as little preprocessed (box/can) food as possible.
Watching salt content.
Drinking at least 88 oz of water a day.
Eating lots of fresh fruits & veggies.
and of course lean meats.
Keeping sweets & eating out to a minimum.
Getting plenty (well as much as possible) of rest.
And making sure I get in some good ol' exercise in (most days).
Even if it is only 20 minutes.
My exercise consists of 20 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred & 10 minutes of post workout stretching.
I've done 10 days at level 1.
I am on day 6 or 7 at level 2.
I feel better but so far I have not been able to do the non modified moves on level 2 so I might not move on to level 3 after day 10.
But I'm enjoying her DVD & will probably purchase this DVD for my collection (currently using a library copy).
So is the exercising helping?
You bet your bottom dollar it is!
My arms are toning (slowly but surely)
My hip area is getting narrower!
My energy levels are higher.
I'm more patient with my boys.
I think I'm a happier person to be around.
I'm more comfortable with my body,
Even though I have a lot more to go, I'm making head way.
I know this isn't just a change for the next week, next month or even the next year.
This is a change for the rest of my life.
And I know I'm worth it!!!
So are you!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment