So last week I went to San Diego, CA for a work conference.
First of all I had an amazing week, both in my classes and outside exploring. My mom came along with me so that I wouldn't have to travel by myself, which I am very grateful for. We had a great time. I will tell of our adventures day by day just as it happened last week.
Enjoy!
Monday - July 23rd
I only got about 2 hours of sleep before waking to begin our day. Our flight didn't get into San Diego till 11:15 p.m. (really 1:15 a.m. our time) on Sunday. We found our shuttle to the car rental place & upon arrival we were offered a mustang convertible to drive for the next few days. I know what you are thinking & no I didn't pay a premium rate - we got this car for the same price as an economy car. I don't know if the guy felt sorry for us or what but we figured we might as well take it for the same price.
So after breakfast we made our way to the convention center. Mom went with me since I was very nervous about driving in a strange city. It wasn't too bad and having another set of eyes really helped. Road signs are not marked too well, or at least I didn't think so.
| View into downtown. |
The agenda for the day was the plenary. There were so many people and so many different languages being spoken. The president of ESRI was very inspirational. Mom was able to attend the plenary with me since I didn't have to register till later & they were letting anyone in. It was nice because she got a better understanding of what I do. At lunch we headed to the Gas Lamp District.
We had Thai food - AMAZING! So good, in fact that I ordered some with me for dinner later on that evening. We headed back to the conference and finished out the day and even got a few shots from the observation decks that line the back of the conference center.
Here is a picture of the map gallery. They were just setting up but this area was always full of people later in the week.
After the conference we headed back to the hotel for some relaxation in the pool and off to bed early.
First day in San Diego - success!
No comments:
Post a Comment