Tuesday morning we woke up refreshed and ready for the day. We ate breakfast and headed out. We had decided that since there was a nice area for Mom to hang out while I was in my sessions, she would just go with me every day so that I didn't have to brave the crazy California drivers alone. We tried attempted to not use our maps this morning but missed our exit off 4th Ave. However, the bonus to this mix up was that we found $8.00 parking instead of $11.00 parking at the convention center & it was right across the road. Who says all government employees are wasteful....
My morning sessions were good. The first one was really good. The second one was ok. About 1/2 of it was a repeat of the first and while the information that I wanted to know wasn't exactly discussed, I did get a few answers and definitely ideas for my data.
After a few short demos, I toured the map gallery. It was pretty interesting to see how others capture their work. It gave me ideas and if I am ever able to attend again I will submit a map as well.
Once I was done for the day we decided to make a quick trip over to Point Loma and then proceed up the coast on Highway 101 to see the ocean.
| Mom & I at Point Loma |
| Looking towards Coronado |
| Old Point Loma Lighthouse - Cabrillo National Monument |
| Looking up in the lighthouse |
| Tidepools |
It was so beautiful. We ate lunch pretty late at a Mexican restaurant right off the highway. After lunch we headed to the beach to put our feet in the sand. It was so nice but the ocean was COLD. Yep - cold. I never would have expected that.
| "I got my toes in the water, a$$ in the sand..." |
It was then time to head back towards our hotel, pick up some sandwiches for later on & spend the rest of the evening in the pool. It was a nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment