Alas, it's our last day in California.
Our morning routine was not unlike the other mornings. The only difference this morning was that we would not be coming back to the hotel so we packed everything up and checked out.
After arriving at the convention center we spoke with a security guard since the day before we had a little issue with Mom walking through to the top deck. It wasn't an issue to be outside the convention center but inside was to be registered attendees only. However this was not a problem today. I attended my last session & then the closing session.
![]() |
| Closing session - about 1/4 size of the opening plenary. |
Mom's morning entertainment was ABBA. They were scheduled for a concert that evening. I got to hear a song or two before they quit & it was very cool. Amazing how the sound travels from the blue tent. She also got to see some big ships come in/out too.
After I met up with Mom, we took a stroll back down to Seaport Village for some lunch and to visit the shops since we had about 3 hours to kill before making our way to the airport.
![]() |
| Panoramic photo - needs some work but you get the picture... |
![]() |
| And my first dessert of the trip. It was DELICIOUS! YUM!!! |
Goodbye San Diego, California!
It has been an awesome trip & one I hope to be able to take again someday.
Even though our flight was delayed and we got home 2 hours later than expected, I would do it all over again.
I'm forever grateful that my Mom came with me. I think it put my mind to ease when thinking of traveling alone.
I am also blessed that my employer saw this as an opportunity/investment and not a burden. Actually it was a cost savings for them to send me verses send me to a 5 day class in St. Charles, MO. Why, you ask? The conference was free for me to attend.
I am GIS! And I am so excited to come home and make some needed changes and improvements to my data and department.
P.S. My children have informed me that I am to not go again without them. I guess I really was missed.




No comments:
Post a Comment