"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a great weekend.  Although I did miss my boys.
Friday night this momma got out & had a little retail therapy.  I really needed some new clothes since most of my old ones are a bit too big.  
I know, I know - it's a good problem to have but not really when you know you don't .
a. have the $$ 
b. want to continue with the loss.
I spent $104 at Kohl's & absolutely love the items I got.  Only thing is the one thing I was looking for apparently doesn't exist, or I'm just too cheap to spend $30 + on it.  I was looking for cardigans.  I found a white one that I liked & bought, only to discover it had 2 holes in the back of it when I got home.  No worries - Kohl's has an excellent return policy.

Saturday morning I was hopeful to get to the Y by 8:30 so I could do my kettlebell class but Steve didn't want to get up.  So we ended up getting there at 10 a.m. & I did a 5K run on the elliptical in 32.24 minutes.  Not bad, right?!

Around noon we were on our way to Oktoberfest at Urban Chestnut in STL.
It was a lot of fun.
We had 2 of these bad boys each.

Those are 1 liter each of pure goodness.  
1 liter = 33.8140226 US fluid ounces.
Schlafly Kölsch = Yummy Beer!

After hanging out there for about 2 hours we headed back to our house to pick up some friends to head out to Fast Eddie's in Alton.
It was my friend Jess' b-day earlier in the week.
Jess & her hubby, Luke.
Blue Moon!
 After hanging out there for a while we headed back to the STL & hit up 4 Hands brewing & the Schlafly tap room.  Our group wasn't overly thrilled with 4 Hands but that's because they are a microbrewery & only carry their own brews & it is hard core beer - none of that light stuff.
We arrived back home a little after 11 & got to see some excitement across the street.  We live across from a reception hall & there was a wedding reception there this weekend & some people drunks got into a fight & the police got called.
Please think before you drink people.
(nothing like calling the kettle black, huh?!)

Sunday Steve & I slept in.  It felt so good & we never get to do that anymore.  Once we got up we Steve worked on meals for the week & I got our grocery list together.  We stopped at Applebee's for lunch.  They have a pretzel & cheese appetizer right now that is so AWESOME!
That & I've fell in love with their french onion soup.

We drank plenty of this.


 Me & My love...








After lunch & grocery shopping we headed home, put things away & I got ready to leave again.  I wanted to wash the van at my mom & dad's before the boys got home but first stopped by my brother & sister in law's house to drop off a dish & chat for a bit.
By time I got over to my parents' they were home so the boys helped me wash the van.
I gathered up their things & headed home around 6.

Daddy was so excited to see them & they were very good boys for us but bedtime came too quickly.

This morning was rough.  I just didn't want to get out of bed.  The boys were a bit crazy & didn't want to follow instructions.
And it's always those mornings that you are running late that the kids do weird things, right?  Yeah this is what I had to clean up - - - 
My dearest Tad.....Mommy loves you very much but can you please stop being all boy sometimes?  Yes that is ink that he marked all over his face.
Bonus - he woke up dry this morning.  Maybe finally we are back on that wagon again.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment