"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Forewarning - Picture OVERLOAD!!!
It has been an exciting weekend.
Friday night I decided to take the boys to their 1st football game since this was the last game of the season.
I was having cabin fever since I'd been couped up in the house for 2 days & the kids seemed to be feeling better.
So off to Sparta we went to see the Musketeers (Red Bud) play the Bulldogs (Sparta).  Steve did his radio thing & the boys & I proceeded over to the visitor stands.  Neither team had won a game all season.  The Bulldogs won 40 to 14 (I think). 














I do know that I won't take the boys by myself again.  They were crawling all over the place & their bleachers were not very nice but we had fun anyway.

Saturday we were up bright & early to head out to Pinkneyville for the Thresherman fall festival.  We took my bonus nephew along with us.  The boys had so much fun.
We rode the train.



 They rode ponies.

After lunch they took a nap.


 And then we took them here -

 "Boo" Park just outside of Carbondale.
It was so much fun.
Steve & I enjoyed it as much as the kids did.
Definitely recommend this one to anyone - young or old.












We had an extra - have no idea who he was but he wanted to be in our picture. ha ha ha
 After the fun at the park we went for ice cream.



 And enjoyed the beautiful scenery on the drive home.


 Sunday after church we hit up IGA. Thank goodness the small cart was available.


 And I ended my weekend with a nice bottle of Pink Moscato & watched the Cardinals game.  To which they lost!  :(


Today is another fun filled non-work day.  
Instead of sick kids I get to go to the "Fun" Doctor...YIPEE!!! NOT!

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAH... I love that picture of Steve. Everyone looks like they had a blast. I am kind of jealous but relived that I was able to paint a whole hallway/stairway without hearing "mom can I help? Mom, mom, mom, mom...." Thank you for taking him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you guys were at the game - we should have met up!!

    ReplyDelete