"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 47

So what's up in the world of Laura's weight loss journey?
Maintaining.....(actually a slight loss from 2 weeks ago)
I'd love to be loosing but hey I'll take it.

However that is not really my focus right now.
I've got a problem.
Actually 2 problems.
 
My little one is having issues at school.
I had a 45 minute phone conversation with his teacher on Wednesday.
Apparently he is completely defying the teachers & sticking his tongue out at them.
Telling them he doesn't have to listen to them & doing the exact opposite of what they ask him to do.
At home we have noticed him acting out, especially to Steve, but at what point to you discount it to a phase vs a real problem?
Last week we noticed the tongue issue.  I thought the hot sauce method had cured him of that.  
Hot sauce method???? - I put hot sauce on his tongue when he stuck it out.  It took 3x but he finally stopped after that 3rd time.
He hasn't done it around us but apparently is still doing it at school.

So why this behavior change now?
Nothing has changed with our lives recently.
We have the same routine most days & have for over 2 months.
Of course next week they will start going to a new daycare 1 day a week.

So how do I help him?
We are going to have him evaluated at preschool by the special education district to see if there are other issues.
I made it a priority to sit down & focus on him the last few days.
Maybe I'm just a sucky mom.
There is so much going on these days that I sometimes forget to be just mommy.
I wish I had more time for me so I could have more time for them.

Work is overrated.

Also I think Steve hates his job.
He always comes home pissy but won't talk about it.
I know he's mad that I stayed where I am but what was I to do?
I mean with running the kids here there & everywhere & taking off for field trips or helping in the classroom, I wouldn't had been able to do that with a new job too.
For the love of Pete, why...why...why?
It does not make for a happy household.

Maybe we just need a weekend away - just the 2 of us.
Of course that can't happen anytime soon because of his commitments to doing "on air" high school basketball games every weekend.
No, I'm not mad about it. I'm actually excited for him.  
How cool is it that he's gotten back into radio, even if it is a hometown radio station & not the big St. Louis one.
 
Have a great weekend.
I'm getting my hair colored (trust me 1.5 inch roots are not pretty) 

Look at all of that gray!!!  EEEKKKK!
 & hoping to work on some craft projects too.  I'm hoping the boys can help me with some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment