"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Wrap up

Why can't every holiday be like Thanksgiving.

I prefer just to get together with family & friends - eat, drink & visit.
No presents!
There is no disappointment in what you did or didn't get.
No drama in picking out the right or wrong gift.
No buying gift cards to get gift cards.
No hustle & bustle of crabby people at stores.

Can you tell I'm dreading Christmas.
Yeah, not my favorite holiday by far....

But (enough of the Christmas negativity) back to this weekend.

Wednesday evening we had Steve's family over for Thanksgiving.
It was a nice evening, even if I did all of the cooking & cleaning up afterwards.
Your welcome!

Thursday we headed out to my side of the family for lunch.
Everyone was there except my one cousin from Indiana.
Since it was so nice & the Mississippi river was low we decided to take a walk out to the river.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the walk.


The food was good & just ask Steve how the drinks were.
I'm sure he'll tell you great, that is until the last one.
It put him over the edge & lets just say I had to drive home.

Friday we headed out to the Y so I could get in a kettlebell class.
Later that afternoon we went into Red Bud for the MHTO - turkey bowl & family kickball game.
It was fun.
After supper Steve took the boys to grandma & papa's for the night.
We headed to the Office & had some drinks.
Once again Steve had a bit too much & I had to drive home.
2 nights in a row - not cool man!

Saturday morning I headed to Prairie to help Bart & Tad's preschool with their new playground.
I didn't do much but stand around for an hour & a half so I headed out to go pick the boys up from mom & dad's around 11:30.

When we got home we rested.  I was so exhausted from the last few days I think I took a 3 hour nap.
And my head cold is back.

Sunday I took the boys to Sunday school & then we went to church.
After church we headed over to get family pictures taken with Steve's family & then to DiCarlo's for lunch.  It was soooo good.

After lunch we headed home & napped.
Well the boys napped.
I looked & looked & looked for my little change purse that the boys had gotten a hold of & lost.
I was so upset because it had my work keys & post office box keys in it.
Thank goodness I came across it in the basement later that evening.

Bedtime came & I was so ready to sleep.
I drank up some night time cough meds & off to bed I went.

5:45 a.m. came to early.
I wanted to just stay in bed.
Especially since today is my birthday!
First person to wish me a happy birthday in person was my friend Connie at work.
My Dad called me at lunch but I have yet to hear from my mom or Steve.
Oh well.  It's just another day, right?

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. eh-hum.. I wished you Happy Birthday! ;-D HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN.... you are catching up to me :-P

    I so agree with you about Thanksgiving being the BEST holiday EVER. I am a grinch when it comes to Christmas, there were even years I refused to decorate (and I have cute decorations). I have gotten a little better since Carter was born, but still grinchy. This year I am refusing to deal with the crowds... cyper shopping for me.

    I think Steve had a blast on Turkey Day but I am super glad I wasn't on your ride home :-/ Tim had one beer yesterday and his breath was about to make me throw up I could only imagine what he was making your car smell like... can you tell I am sensitive to smells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday girl!! it was SO good to see you on friday night and catch up. take care!!

    ReplyDelete