This weekend was good.
Friday night the boys & I hung out while daddy did his radio bit. We had decided to let Bart bring his geotrax upstairs & put it around the Christmas tree.
I think he has changed the layout about 10 times over the last 3 days. Someday I hope to score him a real train set to go around the tree. They are just so expensive....
After eating breakfast Saturday morning, (eggs, bacon & toast - yum!), we headed off to the Y. Thank goodness the fire alarm was not touched. We headed back home for lunch & I dropped off the boys & headed into Red Bud to meet up with Steve's cousin to drop off an apron that I had made for her at noon. Then it was back home to eat lunch & take a nap.
Saturday evening we had Steve's work Christmas party.
I thought it was very nice. The food was good, the drinks were plentiful (we were conservative with our drinking) & we even scored an attendance prize. We left there around 10:30 to pick up the kids, since they didn't want to spend the night at grandma & grandpa Henry's.
Sunday morning the boys had their last Christmas play practice. They did OK. Tad wanted to stay with Bart, which was fine until they started fighting. So we separated them.
After church Bart & I headed to my mom & dad's for lunch. We didn't stay long since Bart needed to take a nap before the play that evening. After nap time we discovered that Bart had a fever. So he did not get to do the play & was very upset. Tad did pretty good. He was a bit fidgety but it was over an hour long.

Yeah I'm mother of the year again because I didn't bring my big camera & my phone camera just isn't that great.
Today I called in sick. Since Bart had a fever yesterday & his eyes looked a bit funky I decided to take him to the doctor. Turns out he has strep throat & possibly pink eye. So he is on some antibiotics & eye drops. He will be able to return to school on Wednesday.
Here's hoping the rest of us don't get it....
Happy Monday!



No comments:
Post a Comment