"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 25, 2013

I Should Have Been A Doctor!

Seriously I could have been a doctor.

I knew what I had before I walked into the doc's office.
Yep....Strep throat.
And it is SO painful.
Thank goodness antibiotics kick in quickly & I'm feeling a lot better today.

This weekend was going to be full of meet ups but at least 1 of those have been cancelled.  I'm still not sure if I will do tonight's meetup.  Dinner & drinks with some good friends sounds like a lot of fun but lets face it, I'm on a soft food diet for now (milkshakes taste the best), at least until I can swallow more normally.  And liquor & antibiotics don't mix well either.  Maybe some soup & 1 beer won't kill me.  I'm gonna leave it up to how I feel at the end of the day before I decide.  But I promise - those of you that I'm meeting - I'm not contagious.  Just don't drink after me or play kissie face & you'll be good.


My boys have been so sweet.  Bart was home with me yesterday afternoon & he was sooo good.  He let me rest without bothering me.  He read his train book (Thank you Uncle Michael), watched a movie & since I trust him, I let him play on the iPad too.  He even tried to switch out the laundry for me.  He went downstairs, took the clothes out of the dryer & put them in a basket, took the clothes out of the washer & put them in the dryer & then even put clothes in the washer, filled up the downy ball (almost perfectly) & put it in the washer but didn't know how to turn either machine on.  Bless his heart.  It made my day.  Seriously.  He's only 5 & he wanted to help his sick momma.

 When Steve & Tad got home, Tad kept telling me that he was sorry that I was sick & kept giving me kisses on the forehead.  Later on Bart & Steve went to the Y & Tad & I hung out.  In the course of the evening I dosed in & out of sleep while Tad watched a movie, ate blueberries & eventually put on his jammies & crawled up on me & fell asleep.  I'm so thankful that they were good for me especially when I felt so horrible.  I don't know how single parents do it.


And after all they did for me this is how I repay them this morning - I accidentally knocked Tad into the wall causing him to bump his head, I gave him a bloody nose (b/c I was trying to clean out his nasty nose & as he fought me I scrapped it & it bled - bad) & I had to stick a needle in his thumb to clean out a sore & then put a band aide on it so it can heal.  I only had to help Tad put on his shoes 3x this morning.  The first time I thought we were good.  That was until I realized the kid was going commando & I told him to go get some undies - so that was take 2.  Then after the bloody nose (which during all of this he spilled almost a full glass of water) he got his pants all wet from the water so we had to change pants - thus making take 3.  Bart was good until he came running into the bathroom & knocked his ear into the door handle.  Poor little guy, I know it must have hurt.  So that just meant that I was a little late to work.  No biggie.  Shit happens.

I hope this isn't a precursor for what the weekend is going to bring.  The only thing I know I have to do is work on my friend's little girl's onsie for her bday coming up in Feb.  I'm so excited!  The tutu looks awesome & the onsie will just set it off even more!!!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment