"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night I decided to make my sister in laws baked ziti.  It was so good & easy.  Go here for the recipe.  You won't be disappointed.

After dinner Steve headed off to his basketball game & the boys & I headed off to Michael's craft store.  I needed to return a spool of ribbon that I had bought & didn't like & needed some card stock type paper for a project.
Once we got home it was off to bed.

Saturday morning we woke up fairly early & headed out to the Y.  I was able to take my kettlebell class & Steve walked/ran 4 miles.  He is doing so good these days.  I'm pretty sure he has hit the 40 lb mark now (loss that is).  I'm very proud of him!

Afterwards we headed home so that I could pick up a few things & head out once again with the boys.  We went to my friend Connie's house to see her 5 week old yellow lab pups.  They were so cute!  Tad seemed to like the bigger dogs though.

Bart holding the little girl.  She was 1/2 the size of the 2 boys.
The 2 boys.
He loves puppies.  No, we didn't bring one home.
Granny & 1 of her pups.  She loves these little guys.  They had to bottle feed them for 4 weeks.  Bad mommy milk.

I also got to see her new kitchen remodel & OMG I LOVE it!  It's perfect for her & her family.  I know she is so happy it's finally done.  Now to just get invited over for a meal....hint hint! Just kidding. :)  We stopped by grandma & papa's for lunch & dropped off some baked ziti for my brother & his family.  I also washed the van in the rain.  Crazy I know but it was so dirty & this way I didn't have to shammy it off.  It looks 10x better.
We headed home for naps, which didn't happen so I worked on a project instead.  I think it turned out cute & will share it with you later in February.  Don't want to take the chance of it being discovered before hand.

Saturday evening Steve had a basketball game & the girls wanted to go to the winery so I lined up Uncle Michael to come watch the boys.  They were so excited!  I know they had a lot of fun but bed time was supposed to be at 8:30 & they were still up when Steve got home at 10:30.  Oh well.  Bart said he was babysitting Uncle Michael.

Thank you Uncle Michael!!  You are a life saver to me & my children adore you.

I got home around 11:30.  I had so much fun with the girls!  Definitely need to do that 1x a month!  The only complaint I had was the river I had to walk through to get to the front door.  They seriously need to do something about that.

Sunday we met grandma & papa at early service at church.  Afterwards we met grandma & grandpa Henry & headed to St. Louis for the train show.  It was a lot of fun.  Bart loved the trains, especially the ones that were moving around the tracks.  I didn't like the way they had the vendors set up.  I like to look at the dioramas but the people selling things...not so much.

Yes, that's a DeLorean.
Once everyone was done we headed to Columbia for some lunch.  Of course we took a short tour of East St. Louis first.  We ate at Bully's & it was very good.  We made it home around 3.  Bart & I worked some more on my project & Steve & Tad napped.


We didn't eat supper till 7:30 & bedtime came shortly there after.

It was a busy weekend but filled with a lot of fun times.  The weather was crazy too.  We had 60 degree weather on Friday/Saturday and yesterday there was freezing rain.  Actually a cold front moved in early Saturday afternoon.  Today it is in the 20's.  Brrrrr!  Is it spring yet?

***Pictures will be added later tonight.  They didn't load up to dropbox.

After all of the excitement of our weekend we learned of some sad news for some friends of ours.
My brother's best friend's dad passed away.  I also worked with his wife until she retired a year or two ago.  Rest in peace Bob.  May God be with your family during this very sad time.  My thoughts & prayers go out to them.

I also found out that a girl I went to school with, who happens to also be my beautician, her brother in law & 2 nephews were found dead after getting trapped out hiking due to that cold front/storm that blew in on Saturday.  Such a tragic event.  May God comfort them & especially be with his wife & their other children during this time of deep sorrow.  Words cannot explain the sadness I feel for them.

Hope you had a good weekend & Happy Monday?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment