Today's tutorial is gift boxes. I can remember being a little girl & watching my mom make these with Christmas Cards. They are the perfect size for those small gifts. In my case I wanted to make some to give my bird nest necklaces away in.
I started by searching for some Christmas backgrounds on Word. I printed them out on normal paper, cut them to size & started folding. You can also use scrapbook paper, card stock or any other type of paper you want.
Here we go....
Step 1 - Start with a square piece of paper - doesn't matter what size, just make sure it's square. The larger the dimensions, the larger the box. I used a 6 x 6 inch square for the top.
Step 2 - Fold in half, finding the center of the paper.
*Note: Make sure what ever side you want to be seen is on bottom.
Step 3 - Fold each point into the center.
Step 4a - Fold opposite sides to the center point, crease & then unfold that side.
Step 4b - Repeat step with other opposing sides.
Step 5 - Completely unfold paper. Next step will be to cut. As you can see here in this picture I marked out what you are looking for. See the most inner square? That is how far you will cut in. Cut on each folded line that is marked until you reach that inner square. 4 cuts total.
Step 7 - Fold in sides.
![]() |
| Oh wow, what chubby hands I have. LOL |
Step 8 - Fold remaining pieces over & secure with tape if necessary.
Hooray! You did it!
This is what it looks like when completed.
To make the bottom of box use a square piece of paper that is slightly smaller in dimensions compared to the top & repeat steps 1-8. I used 5.75 x 5.75 inch square for the bottom.
I promise you it is very easy to do. My instructions may not be the best but I hope the pictures help. Next step would be to make a video, which I'd be willing to do if enough requests are made.
Enjoy!
















No comments:
Post a Comment