"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wrapping Up the Last 2 Weeks

I know I've been MIA.
Here's what happened over the last 2 weeks.

  • I got to spend a lot of time with my boys.
  • Tad tried out Bart's epi pen.  Thank goodness it was an expired one & he didn't get any of the medicine.  He will be the death of me yet.
  • The boys had the best Christmas ever yet.
  • Antibiotics were a favorite in our house.  No flu, just strep throat.  Thank you God.
  • I made several tutus, crayon wallets, a car wallet & just basic sewing repairs too.
  • We got our first snow but did not go out & play in it....yet.  Momma needs to get some boots first.
  • Momma got her iPad for Christmas.  Steve has redeemed himself from forgetting my birthday.
  • The boys all got instruments for Christmas.  Bart got drums, Tad got a guitar & Steve got an electric guitar.  Let's just say it's very noisy these days.
And of course a few pics to sum it up...
Shopping at Old Navy & someone pulled down the mannequins pants. No it wasn't us.
Grocery shopping.  Bart had fallen asleep & Tad was holding him.  Of course by time I realized this to snap a picture Tad was pushing him off of him.  Oh well.
Christmas Eve - They wouldn't take naps before heading to Grandma/Grandpa Henry's but once we were in the car they were out.
Tad at the Dr.  He looks real sick, right?  He had strep throat but without the normal symptoms.
And a new year begins.  How exciting.
I'm not the resolution type.
Instead I look at what this year can/will bring.
  • First and foremost I get to be an aunt again - 2 fold.  Both of my sister in laws are pregnant.  One is due with a baby boy in March & the other with a "surprise" in June.  I couldn't be more excited.  Of course my boys are excited too but every time we are around the SILs for a while after they tell people there is a baby in my belly.  Don't worry, there's not....
  • We will be taking a family vacation again to Colorado in July.  We had so much fun 2 years ago, I'm really looking forward to it.  This year my uncle, aunt & cousin will be joining us.
  • Bart will start kindergarten in the fall.  I'm actually very excited for him.  I know he will do great in school.
  • Tad has been doing great with staying dry at night.  This has been a long battle for him but he'll be 4 in April so I guess that's not too bad.
  • We are trying to plan another girls weekend in October.  I had so much fun at the last one & met some pretty amazing girls I will make this happen even if I have to sell my body on the street to afford the plane ticket (um not really, k?)  I miss all of you & can't wait to see you all again.  Perhaps some new ones will join us too!
  • We are full steam at the Y.  Of course so is everyone else.  I took my first ever spinning class last night.  Holy cow it was crazy.  I liked it but it's hard.  It was the longest 60 minutes of my life.  I am going to try to squeeze 1 class in a week.
I'm sure there is more but that's all for today.  Hope your holidays were good.  Ours was but I'm so glad they are over.

2 comments:

  1. yay! glad you are back. that old navy picture cracks me up!!

    and more power to you for using those carts. ayi yi yi!!

    ha spinning class - your vag will hurt for weeks! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - I almost fell on the floor with the spinning class comment! It's not the vag that hurts but close. LOL Guess I need to get my ass off the seat more.
      And just so you know - those carts suck. Almost as much as them fighting over the little one IGA has.

      Delete