"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Friday, June 21, 2013

House Buying Hell

Things around here have been crazy!

I need to go back a few weeks to fill ya all in.

So we decided to put our house on the market so that we could buy this house in the country.
Our house was advertized (on fb & sign in the yard) 1 week & we had a contract on it.
Great!

Let the House Bidding Begin!

 

Plan A

 

 So we started the process of buying bidding on this house in the country that we had been eying for a while.

House #1
3,300 sq ft house built in 1858 on 5 AC

So we get our parents to come look at the place & are ready to write an offer but there are several issues that arise - 
1st problem - missing A/C units
(Did I forget to mention this house is a foreclosure & hasn't been really lived in since 2009?  
Yeah, that might be an important detail.)

2nd problem - snake skins in the basement - ewe!

3rd problem - cannot locate the well but supposed well is on property. ??HUH??

4th problem - uncut, unruly grass/weeds - explains the well location issue

So we decide to hold off on offering anything & try to figure out some of the issues first.

House #2

2,800 sq ft house built in 2005 on 2.5 AC
In the mean time another house for sale on 2.5 Ac that is in much better shape & happens to be in our price range goes on the market.  It happens to be a short sale but we give it a shot.

Our first offer - rejected...
Of course it was for stupid reasons 
  1. Our financing letter had our house selling as a contingency, which isn't allowed with short sales/foreclosures.
  2. A lot of interest in property so they pushed off accepting bids until the following Monday.  (property was listed on Tuesday & had 3 offers by Thursday (ours + 2 others), several showings scheduled for the weekend & an open house)
Our second offer - countered
They asked us to be a secondary contract.
We refused.
Why?
Well because first of all we couldn't wait it out for 3 or 4 MONTHS & not end up with a house in the end.  Secondly we had signed a paper that said if we asked to get out of the contract we wouldn't buy another house for 30 days.
As fast as houses sell right now we just couldn't risk it.

Back to #1

 

They happen to drop the price $15 the same day we decided to put in an offer.
great - NOT!
Our first offer - they countered.
Our counter bid - they rejected.
Because the house is now in a multi-offer position.

Everyone is told to resubmit their best & final offer by 'x' day/time.
We walk away from it, because we got a quote to fix the a/c & furnaces.  
$15k to fix those issues, not to mention all the other unseen issues.
We just don't have that kind of cash on hand right now.
Plus the multi-offer was a deal breaker for us.

So now Steve & I are sitting talking arguing about where we are going to live & both of us very upset.  Great way to start a weekend sans kids, right?!  NOT

Plan B C

 

So I reluctantly agree to look at several houses in town.

We found 2 that were nice.

We decided to put an offer on one of them (second one pictured) & with in a few hours had a signed contract.
Yipee! Great!  UGH!

Steve is happy.  The boys are excited.  I am sad.

Most people don't understand why I am not excited.  Steve gets very annoyed when I tell people too.  Well my heart was set on living IN the country  I always thought that when we moved from our first home it would be to the country & thus being our last & final move.  Now we are going to be right IN town & I just know I won't be 100% happy.  & the thought of moving again makes me sick.
PLUS we sold our house below what we really wanted to sell it at too darn cheap so that we could move into our forever home.  Mistake that I will probably regret for a while.

Are you wondering what plan b was?  Well we were going to look into building a house but for various reasons we Steve nixed that idea.  Yes Honey, I'm calling you out here.  I wish you would have explored this option more seriously...

Current House DRAMA

 

Currently we are waiting on our buyers to get their loan commitment letter to us.  We should have this in hand 10 days prior to closing, which would have been this past Monday.
Since they are doing a USDA loan & they (USDA office) are behind we may not get it till early next week.
Did I mention that we are supposed to close next week Thursday?
& we leave on vacation on Friday.

Not to mention I cannot get loan commitment on our purchase till we have their letter.
What a freaking mess!
At least the appraisal is good & all the inspections came back good.  A few minor fixes but nothing major, THANK GOODNESS!!

BUT...

Good things are happening too.  
My brother & SIL had their baby.  
For now I can't reveal anything except that mom & baby are doing great!  
AND, I get to meet baby today & I am so excited.

Get me in some good snuggling time.  That should make my blues go away.

Plus we will be living right next door for a few weeks so I hope to get some extra snuggle time in, OK guys?
Or send C over to play with the boys & you can have some one on one baby time in too.
Or better yet I'll bring the boys over & take them all swimming.
JK (but really, I will.)
Or you take the boys swimming & I'll get some one on one baby time in!
LOL

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment