"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hangin' with my boys

Yesterday I was off work, Thank you Martin Luther King.  I spent it working around the house and playing with my boys.  It was a productive day.  I vacuumed floors, cleaned up bedrooms, washed laundry, cooked, cleaned up the kitchen, put away the last of the Christmas decorations, entered receipts in to the computer, worked on a craft project, played with the kids and even found time to blog.

I know I haven't introduced my family so I think I will take the time to do that now.  My family consists of my husband, Steve, myself, and my two young boys.  My boys names are Bartholomew Gilbert and Thaddeus Steven.  They go by Bart and Tad.  They are 16 1/2 months apart in age and can be a handful at times.  Stay tuned for additional posts on how Steve and I met, our wedding and the birth of our boys.

Photo taken by Laura Henry
These two are ALL boy.  We currently are working on following directions, reward vs. punishment and for every action there is a reaction - positive and negative.  We know that things around our household have been crazy the last few months and structure was missing.  It's hard being a first time parent.  You learn as you go along.  Everyone has their ideas for what is right/wrong but in the end it has to be what is right for you and your family.

The other day we asked the boys who their best friends were.  They both said each other.  It was incredibly sweet.  I hope as they grow up they continue to stay close.  Steve and his brother are not very close.  They do not talk on a regular basis and rarely do anything together.  The only time we see his brother and his family is on birthdays or holidays.  I however see my brothers at least once a month and talk to them a few times a month too.

Even though our lives have been a crazy roller coaster I always hope to add to the madness.  For me, it's not the children you have that you regret, it's the children you don't.


P.S. What is up with the weather?  It's the middle of January & we had a tornado watch around 2:30-3 a.m. this morning.  CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment