Since our week was so hectic we were all in bed by 9 p.m. on Friday. I don't know if I ever will see another Friday where the only thing on my mind is going out for a drink after work.
Saturday I met up with a girl I went to high school with. A few weeks ago I asked my friends on facebook if anyone could cut me out something in vinyl for a project I'm working on. She responded that she had an older Cricut she would sell me if I was interested. So I figured why not. If I find that I don't like it I can always resell it to someone else. Have you seen these things? I must say they are the coolest things ever! I did mess around with it a bit on Saturday but I can't wait till I can really dig into it. I know, I know, like I have time to add another crafty to my busy schedule.
I also did some grocery shopping while I was out since Steve was entertaining the boys at home. Saturday evening came and we were in bed fairly early because we had to get up early on Sunday.
Sunday we met my mom and dad at church at 8 a.m. After church, Bart went to Sunday school and the rest of us went to County Kitchen (Gotta love the CK - right Cassie? LOL). After SS we picked up my older brother, Mike and headed to Grandma & Grandpa Henry's to drop the boys off for the day. We met my other brother, Matt, and his girlfriend, Jamie, there and loaded everyone up in the van to do some winery hopping in Southern Illinois.
The first winery we went to was Kite Hill. The owners were working the tasting room and were very nice and informative. The wine was very good and between all of us we ended up with a case of wine. I would recommend visiting them!
We visited Pomona winery. Their wine is made from locally grown fruits and not grapes. I myself am more of a grape wine drinker. They were very friendly and we were able to have a picnic lunch out on their deck. It was a bit cold to be outside but we made the best of it.
The last winery that we visited was The Bluff's. Since Matt had a college class with the owner's son we knew we had to stop in. They had a band playing inside and it was packed. We ended up sitting out on their deck just long enough to have a pitcher of white sangria and some snacks. It was just a little too cold.
There were 2 other wineries that we visited but I'm not going to mention them because we weren't impressed with them at all and will probably not go back. One informed us that we couldn't bring in food because of a state law. Well I think it was more of their insurance not a state law. The other one just had stinky wine. Of the 5 wineries that we visited only 2 didn't charge us for tastings. One waved our tasting fee since we bought wine too, thanks to "dealing dad". Stay tuned for a future post on how I feel about paying for tastings.....
It was a fun day but we needed it to be at least 10 degrees warmer. We also had a few peeps that couldn't make it & would have liked to go too. Maybe we will give it a try in another month or so.
Monday was President's day, which was a holiday for me. My boys woke me up bright and early singing playing and dancing to the chicken song on this one toy tractor that they have. It was funny.
I called my mom and we decided to go on a fabric/craft run. We left my house around 9 and got back around 2. We hit up 5 stores & lunch in that time. I was able to score 3 pairs of shoes for $40. 1 for me & 2 for the boys. I do love it when stores let you use coupons that are on your smart phone! However, I hate it when stores exclude items on their coupons.
Yesterday evening was spent preparing lunches for the week and cleaning up the kitchen. After we had everything in order we sat down and watched Dodgeball. I know, not appropriate for a 2 & 4 year old but they loved it. At one point Tad had to go potty and he asked his Dad to pause it. We had a nice laugh over that one.
Hope you all have a nice week!
ha, yep CK! thank God for CK!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to assume that the few people you wanted to go but couldn't make it were Tim and I. Well I will tell you we would have gone IF TIM WOULD HAVE TOLD ME. I didn't find out about it until Saturday afternoon, I was mad the rest of the day. If you want us to attend you have to tell me or we will not go... because he "forgets" to tell me.
ReplyDeleteYes Christi, it would have been nice if you guys could have made it. I will make sure next time to just email, text or call you. I figured Mom had talked to Tim about it and he could take it from there. Figures, right!? Don't worry you guys didn't miss much. It didn't feel like a "real" wine trip.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't a real wine trip because I wasn't there :-) I mean who else could help put down a couple few bottles of wine with you. I am still mad a Tim about it though, I told him I am going to forget to tell him everything. He found out about the planned trip Monday evening. When I talked to him on the phone that night I asked him if mom and dad had anything new to say and his response... not really. Then Wednesday comes and he called to make sure we were going to church Sunday, like we ever miss, because he was planning a meeting. Saturday we go to your mom and dads to visit and your mom is talking to me about it and I was confused and had no clue what was going on, Tim jumps in and says "oh, I didn't tell her". UGH, men!
ReplyDeleteSo with that Cricut thingy... what types of materials does it cut? For my card basket I am making a crafty little banner that says cards. I was wondering if you could cut those letters our of material? and then I can sew them to a contrasting color. You would have to look at the bushel basket card box I pinned on... you know where :-)
ReplyDeleteI think it will cut material. I think you have to put a stabilizer behind the fabric. I will see what I can find out for sure & if nothing else we can play with it and see if it works.
ReplyDelete