"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 Things I Hope For My Kids

There are many days that I sit and wonder how life will be for my children once they are grown.
I think back to my childhood and how much simpler life was.
I listen to my parents and grandparents and realize how much more complicated my life was than theirs.

So I'm going to share 5 things that I hope for my kids.

1.  I  hope my kids truly love themselves.

So many times I see people that just don't care about themselves.  They are depressed and hopeless.  It's ok to not like yourself somedays, but you should always love yourself.


2.  I hope my kids embrace their faith in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Coming from a small community you don't always understand the world around you.  Going to college, traveling and taking part in social media has opened my eyes.  I don't know how someone can just not believe - in something.


3.  I hope my kids find true love.

I want them to find someone that shares certain values but also brings some variety to the table.  Too many times I've seen people get married for all the wrong reasons.  This person should be someone you want to grow old with.


4.  I hope my kids find their passion in life and go after it.

How many times have you heard someone say they wanted to do something but never had the courage or strength to do it.  Steve always thought he'd be famous.  Well I think there is still time.  I say "Go for it!" (I just hope it's a good kind of famous & not the bad kind)


And most of all...

5.  I hope my kids always make time to spend with their family.

Let's face it - there is never enough time for everything.  Just make sure you prioritize.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment