"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crafty Wednesday - Car Wallets

Photo taken by Laura Henry
What little boy (or little girl) wouldn't want one of these cool car wallets? 

I realized pretty quick that we needed something handy to throw into the diaper bag that would give my boys something to do when we were at church, out to eat, etc.  

Luckily I have some pretty creative girls that I met online and they shared this pattern with me and it's perfect.  I've actually made several of these for family and friends.  I've also donated some as silent action items for local fundraisers.

Check out the link below for the pattern on this website:
Photo curtsey My Little Gems
She calls them Car Cozies and has a wonderful tutorial.  So I gave it a try.  I made one for my boys and two more as donations to a silent auction.

After using it for awhile, I realized that the boys needed help tying it back up so I made some modifications.  I've found that it's easier to make the tie an elastic band so that little hands can roll it back up when they are done and secure it.  Thus creating my version of the car wallet.

They were pretty easy to make.  A few tweaks here & there and I've mastered them & made them my own! 
Photo taken by Laura Henry
Photo taken by Laura Henry
Photo taken by Laura Henry
Photo taken by Laura Henry
If you are interested in one of these check out my facebook page, Simple Gifts by Laura for more information or contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment