This weekend flew by!
Of course we spend 1/2 of it car shopping.
Friday after work Steve, the boys & I headed up to the Honda dealership to look for a new/used car.
We were there for 1 hour but felt like 4.
I was so frustrated with the boys. They were awful. Running around like little hellyans.
Steve wanted to test drive 2 used accords...I wanted nothing to do with them.
So I told him to go ahead & I would just stay back with the kids.
I was done once the salesman told me what they would give us for our truck.
It was an insult! And as soon as Steve got back - we left - PROMPTLY!
I'm sorry that my loyalty to Honda wasn't good enough for them and the $55k plus that I've spent there on 2 new vehicles in the last 2 years.
So because of the car drama I slept horrible. I woke around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning & rolled around in bed. I couldn't get back to sleep. So around 3ish I decided to go downstairs and work on the laundry & a crafty. Before I knew it, it was 6:30 a.m. & I had all of my laundry done (except for the drying part) & craft complete. The boys woke up shortly after and we made pancakes for breakfast.
Once Steve got up I convinced him to go into Red Bud to look at used cars. We test drove a few at one dealership. It was funny because I humored Steve and we test drove a Mustang convertible. When we took the top down - Bart's response was "OH Cool! This car transforms. We have to get it!!!". It was so cute. But we didn't really find anything we were looking for. So we headed down the road to another dealership. We test drove a Monte Carlo. It was nice but it's a 2 door. I really wanted 4.
The dealer seems to be reasonable but I'm still not sure. I feel like we still aren't getting what we should for our truck. So I'm thinking on it for a while. Steve's pissed. I feel horrible but I'm not ready.
Once we got home we fed the boys and they laid down to take naps. Steve and I discussed the car and I folded laundry. When the boys woke I packed them up and took them to my mom's house for the night. Steve and I had a benefit auction to go to that evening. We had a wonderful time out that night. I didn't get to bed until 2:15 a.m. Sunday morning.
For those of you paying attention that's 15 minutes shy of 24 hours that I was up.
I...was...tired.
Sunday we slept in. Once we got up and moving we worked on our meals for the week and went grocery shopping. After groceries were put away and dessert was made we headed to my mom and dad's to get the boys and have some supper with them. My brother Mike wanted to celebrate my dad's birthday sometime this weekend since they were in Florida on his actually birthday. So we decided to bbq and have some yummy dessert, oreo chocolate pie. Once supper was cleaned up and the kids picked up their toys we headed home. Once we got home it was into pj's, a story read and then we all went to bed. I was so glad to meet my pillow. 5:20 came too early this morning.
Today hasn't been too good. Steve is mad at me. All over this car. Let me ask you - would you buy a 2 door car with 2 small children? With the potential of someday having another? This would not be my primary car but I would drive it occasionally. It's a mess. I hope we figure it out.
Happy Monday!



No comments:
Post a Comment