"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest - Easter Bunny Dum-Dums

I've finally found some time to get back on my Pinterest kick again.

This past weekend the boys helped me work on some crafts for Easter.  

We worked on 4 projects but this week I'm sharing 
Easter Bunny Dum-Dums.

 
Go check out The Mother Huddle and her Easter Bunny Suckers.
She has good instructions, but the supply size is not very detailed.  I would have went a size smaller on the nose/mouth pom-poms (I used 7mm) and a size smaller on the heart feet (I used 1.5 inch).  She also states to cut your pipe cleaner to 2 inches.  I think she meant 4 inches.  To avoid doubt - have a dum dum handy to size with.  (Then you have a little snack for later - BONUS!)

These turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself but they were time consuming.  We made them for Bart to give to his preschool classmates.  
I hope they liked them.  

 












We made 8 girl bunnies (pink/purple ribbons) 
&  
8 boy bunnies (blue/green bow ties).

 












 The main challenge with these were finding the right supplies.  No thanks to Wal-Mart, I finally found what I needed from Hobby Lobby.  

Thank you Hobby Lobby for your over abundance of craft supplies!

Both boys helped me paint them, Bart helped me assemble them, and I only got 2 burns from the hot glue gun.  
Overall it was a successful craft.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment