"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 27, 2012

Wedding Expectations

Whew! It's over! 
What??? - you ask?
My brother's wedding, which took place this weekend.
It was a beautiful day & everyone looked so nice.


I'm pretty sure that my brother & his new bride were on Cloud 9.
The day went fairly smooth & I'll leave the details to my sister in law, Christi - visit her blog here.

 So I have gained a sister & a nephew.
A nice addition to our family.
She has an exceptional family & I know that they are happy to add Tim to their family too.

I hope that I met the expectations of what a bride expects of a bridesmaid.
I was where I was supposed to be, when I was supposed to be (ok except for that one time with family pics) & kept a smile on my face for all of those pictures, which I can't wait to see!! (as I'm sure they can't wait either)


A blushing bride & a grinning groom, the day was perfect.
For me it was bitter-sweet.  It would have been was a lot easier for me to hang with the guys than it was with the girls.  I only knew 3 of the 9 girls & none of them on a "hang out" basis.  So at times I felt left out.  Or talked about.
But I tried or at least I felt like I did.
I guess my personality just comes out as bossy & bitchy, even though all I really wanted was to be helpful.

And you know there is nothing like having tears run down your face prior to pictures b/c you feel like you aren't part of the group.  I'm sure the lack of sleep didn't help either.
Of course after several drinks (yes too many & that is my way of dealing with stuff - so back off!)  I unleashed some my frustrations on a few of the girls since they failed to help on certain tasks.
Not nearly as much as I could have & to that I won't speak of it again.
I find it rude to not think of the bride & groom first.
If the bride asks you to be somewhere or to do something you should be there.  You committed to the day from the moment that you said "Yes" to being part of the wedding. 
But I guess I have a lot more invested in this than they do.  
I am & always will be family.

The bride & her brothers.  Aren't they cute?
Darn it, missed that picture opp with my brothers.
With that said, it really was a fun day.


And one I hope they cherish always & forever!

So I raise my drink one last time & toast to my Brother & his Bride:
"May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you also patience, tolerance, and understanding.

May you need one another, but not out of weakness.
May you want one another, but not out of lack.
May you entice one another, but not compel one another.
May you succeed in all important ways with one another, and not fail in the little graces.
May you look for things to praise, often say, "I love you!" and take no notice of small faults.
If you have quarrels that push you apart, may both of you hope to have good sense enough to take the first step back.
May you have happiness, and may you find it making one another happy.
May you have love, and may you find it loving one another."
~ J. D. Freeman

Congratulations & God bless you both!


Happy Monday all!

PS. I really need a nap stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment