Our weekends never seem to be quiet anymore. We always seem to have something to do or somewhere to go. But what I love most is when we actually enjoy our weekend vs fighting with the kids or each other the entire time.
This weekend was one of those fun ones!
Our Friday evening plans got cancelled but that was OK. We had planned on going into town to watch the Lorax at the park. Since it had started storming that day around 4 p.m. we didn't go. I'm not sure if it was cancelled or not but I had no desire to sit on wet grass. So we just chilled out at home instead.
Saturday morning we woke bright & early to go get some family pictures taken for Steve's work. The photographer literally took 5 pictures & we were done. Of course it was 1 pose & the kids did great. We picked out the 1 picture that we liked & she said that we will get 6 of the 8 wallets (his work keeps 2) & we also decided to order an extra 8x10 to replace the old one (professional family pic) - which was taken when Tad wasn't even a year yet.
After pictures we headed home to change into our workout clothes & off to the Y we went. We have been faithfully going 3x a week now for about 2 or 3 weeks. I started attending kettle bell class 2x a week last week & Steve walks/runs the track & then swims laps in the pool. Saturdays I just do some cardio & a little strength training before getting the kids from the child center & taking them to the pool for a bit. The love the care center, which makes us happy b/c it's not a fight to drop them off. Of course that means it's a fight to pick them up, unless they know we are going to the pool.
After our workout we headed to Wal-mart & then to Applebee's for lunch. We looked like street rats but the boys were so hungry & it was 1:30 p.m. Oops. I had the best soup & salad combo ever! French onion & fiesta chicken chopped salad. Yum!
We headed home for naps before heading into town for Steve's work fall picnic. It was a lot of fun for the kids. They had 2 bounce houses, candy & candle stations, & ice cream & snow cone stand. What kid wouldn't love that?! Dinner was good too! They served rib eyes, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, chips, hot dogs, pork/chicken kabobs.... I know there was more but I can't remember right now. It was yummy!
Around dark we headed home & had a small bonfire. We did s'mores, which the kids enjoyed. Not just your everyday s'mores though. Steve saw a recipe that called for chocolate chip cookies instead of gram crackers. & just let me say they are delicious!
![]() |
| You get the idea, right?! |
The only thing that I would never recommend are the super gigantic marshmallows. They are too hard to toast & you never get them warm/melted in the middle. Other than that they were really good!
Sunday I had to go get my mom & dad from the airport at noon. My boys were so excited to see them since they had been gone for 10 days. We spent the rest of the day visiting & enjoying some wine, smoked salmon, cheese & crackers. We finally got home at 8:30 & I had 2 sleeping boys. Uncle Michael helped carry them inside before he left. Once they had their jammies on, they both crawled in bed with Daddy (since Daddy was already 1/2 asleep), said prayers & then it was off to their beds to be tucked in & prayers with Mommy.
Sometimes it doesn't even feel like my head hits the pillow before that silly alarm is going off.
Even though it's Monday I have a 4 day work week this week! I get to go apple picking with Tad's class on Thursday. YIPEE!!
Have a GREAT Monday everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment