"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kickin' it in Nashville

Oh my word - I had an absolute FABULOUS weekend!
I had the opportunity to meet up with 9 of my baby board mommas.
and these women are truly AMAIZING!
I LOVE them!!!!
We had so much fun.
Our weekend kicked off on Monday eh, hem - I mean Saturday morning (lol can you tell I'm still tired?)
I left my house around 7 a.m.
I felt so bad because I hadn't told the boys I was going out of town for a few days & Bart was so upset. :( 

It was a 5 hour drive to Nashville, Tennessee.
We arrived at the airport in plenty of time, met up with one of the other driving mommas & picked up the 1st of 6 moms that flew in.
We visited in the "cell phone only" lot until the rest of the mommas flights came in.  Which didn't seem too long (even though I think we were there for an hour & a half)  It was then off to a restaurant not too far from the airport for some lunch.

Our final momma joined us as we were leaving & we headed to our weekend retreat, the bed & breakfast just north of town.
We were greeted by the owners, given a tour & told several stories about the house/property.  Afterwards we settled in & decided to just stay in for the night.
One of the ladies had offered to grocery shop earlier in the week & cook for us.
THANK YOU!!!
The girls cooking!
That evening we had baked ziti (I know you told us the recipe but I need it again please)
& salad.
It was yummy!
For dessert she had baked cookies & made turtles.
They were so so so so so good!
The rest of the evening we visited & had some wine.
Saturday I mean SUNDAY I was up bright & early.
After breakfast we got ready & headed into town.
We ended up walking along Broadway.
Why couldn't he have been the real thing?!
We ended up in a bar drinking brews & watching football.
 I'm not normally a big football girl but didn't mind since there was cold beer & good company.
Yum, BBQ sauce!
Getting some dinner
Dinner time
After dinner it was karaoke time. 
5 of us sang but I only have 4 pics. :(
Dixie Chicks "Goodbye Earl"
Madonna "Like a prayer"
Pat Benatar "Hit me with your best shot"
Patsy Cline "Crazy"













Then to BB Kings to listen to a live band too.
We got back to the house around 11:30, had some wine & talked until 2 a.m.
Monday morning came entirely too early.
I was once again the first one up.  I showered & headed to the kitchen to see what was cooking for breakfast.  I had my first experience with grits & they were pretty good.
After breakfast we loaded everything up, said our goodbyes to 2 of the girls & headed off to the airport with the rest.

Saying goodbye was bitter-sweet.
My connection with these girls is just so much deeper than a computer screen now.
I am so very thankful that I've been blessed with these women & given the opportunity to actually meet several of them in real life.

The girls
Love you girls!
The drive home was LONG.
I was so ready to see my boys & sleep in my own bed with my man again.
Thank you for the memories, the laughter & the tears.

Seahorses, BBQ cleavage & all.
Until we meet up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment