"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Music that takes me back

Have you ever heard a particular song & it just takes you back to a time & place?

It may not even be the same song but the style of the music that makes you remember that special moment in your life?

This one time at band camp......Na just kidding.

Anyway way back, when I was in high school, several of us were sitting in the chorus room practicing for competition after school one day.
In between people practicing my music teacher, Ms. B (left full name out for privacy), started playing the theme song to Jurassic Park.

We were in awe.
We were silent.
We were IN the moment.
It was then that I fell in love with that kind of music.


Most recently I had that experience all over again.
It took me back to that time.
Silent, in awe, IN the moment.
Listening closely for all of the different instruments to make their entrance.
Truly enjoying the sounds I was hearing.
Tears falling down my cheek.
Yes, I was taken back.

Enjoy.


I can't help but think that this would be an awesome marching band theme one year.
(Jurassic Park, The Avengers, Lord of the Rings, etc...hint, hint, hint....)

I hope my boys follow in my footsteps & truly enjoy these sounds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment