I know I am days late on this but I've been just kind of down since I let the whole school shooting sink in. I cry on a daily basis about this. Today was the first day that I had to physically take the boys to school, even though they've been there all week. I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous, anxious & uneasy. But I know they are in good hands & if something terrible would happen I know that God will take care of them, whether that be here on Earth or in heaven...
This past weekend was good. Friday night I took the boys shopping. We needed to pick up Daddy's Christmas present as well as a few other odd ends. Our first stop was Guitar Center. My kids love that place. This is the guitar Tad said he wants. The pretty pink one. Little does he know he is getting a guitar for Christmas.
I'm not sure if it's pink or blue.
I'm not sure if it's pink or blue.
The workers there are pretty nice. I was discussing some things with one of them & the kids were kind of running around touching things & I was getting nervous. So another sales lady offered to keep an eye on them for me while I was finishing up. How sweet was that.
We then headed over to Joann's to pick up some beads. I had a custom order for a bird nest necklace. I think it turned out cute, don't you think? (Yes I made the box too - look for the tutorial in the next few weeks)
Then it was off to Toys-R-Us. I promised Bart that we would go the next time we were in FVH. They had so much fun.
We even walked out of there & didn't buy a single thing. Since they were so good I decided to reward them & stop at McD's for some ice cream. They each got a small kids cone & I got a large shake. Of course I got a large so that we could share it.
Saturday we hung out at home till it was time to go to my cousin's house for his birthday party. The boys took long naps so we showed up a bit later than I wanted. The kids had fun. I don't have any pictures since my phone was almost dead & where they live I don't get a good signal so it drains the battery that much faster.
Sunday the boys went to Sunday school & then we all went to church. After lunch, the boys napped & Steve & I made up a shopping list. We decided to take them to the Shrine that evening to see the Christmas light display.
It is a nice display, even though my camera (on my phone) isn't the best at showing that.
We had a good time this weekend. Of course it couldn't end without tutu models. My boys just love them & had no problem showing off the 2 that I made for my goddaughters during nap time on Saturday. Goofy boys....
It's hard to believe that Christmas is next week. This weekend will be filled with wrapping gifts.

















No comments:
Post a Comment