Is it just me or has it been the longest week ever?!
We didn't have any more babies "pooped" out but we did have some baby angry birds that hatched.
Lately my kids Tad's favorite song is Die Young by Ke$ha.
It wasn't till last night that I realized there are some weird lyrics.
Let me paint you a picture.
It's just the boys & I in the van. We are on our way home from the Y. Tad asks to listen to the beat of the drums (as he calls it), which was not an unusual request. I turn on the song. Everything is normal. The kids are bopping around in their seats & singing along. So about 2/3 of the way through Bart stops & says "Mommy, did you hear that? They said magic in your pants? What does that mean? They are funny. hahahahaha" I immediately turned off the music & asked him again what he said & he repeated it. I was confused b/c I never heard those lyrics (or never paid attention to them). So we restarted the song & sure enough - it says it. It says "That magic in your pants that's making me blush". Whoa. I think we need a new song.....So this morning they wanted to listen to it again. And then Bart starts laughing about "that" phrase. I am now trying to explain to him that is not an appropriate phrase for little boys to say. But he can't understand why since none of the words in & of themselves are not bad. So what do I do? Nix the song? I don't like the video (and trust me they will NOT be watching that) but I like the beat of the music.
Here it is for your entertainment.
The lyric version not the official video.
Have a great weekend. We are celebrating my momma's birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment